This is the stir fry recipe of your dreams. After seeing Mr N eat this and glow, I could wait to share it with you. It is:
- Natural (in the words of the chief taster, Mr N)
Two boneless and skinless chicken breasts. If you can’t find this, simply trim the fleshy part of a whole chicken and use.
About 10 mushrooms.
You’ll also need some soy sauce (it’s a liquidy seasoning in a bottle mostly used in Chinese cooking). If you can’t find this, simply substitute with Maggi.
Then you’ll need some garlic, ginger, bell pepper, carrot and onions. I always throw in whatever vegetables I have on hand. This is a great way to use leftover vegetables and herbs.
Cut your chicken into strips.
Season with soy sauce or maggi.
Let it fry…
While it fries, chop your veggies.
The chicken is done when it all white to the core and slightly brown on the outside.
Dump in the mushrooms.
Add in soy sauce,some ground or minced ginger and garlic and let those cook together.
Now add in all your chopped vegetables and onion.
Season with salt and black pepper. I added white pepper to mine. Yummy! Mix everything together and leave on heat for about 3 minutes. I like my vegetables crispy and fresh so I do not let them cook for long.
Here is the printable recipe:
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 large or 3 small bell peppers
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or 2 Maggi Cubes)
- 1 tablespoon blended or minced garlic and ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 stem cilantro or parsley (optional)
- 2 stems green onions (optional)
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 servings