You will go nuts over this candied peanuts recipe. Sweet, crunchy and irresistibly good!
Place peanuts on a skillet and roast on medium heat, stirring from time to time for about 5-10 minutes.
Add sugar, water, salt and nutmeg in a pot set on medium heat and stir to combine. Add in roasted peanuts and mix well. Bring to a bubble then keep stirring until the sugar crystallizes on the peanuts. This takes about 5 minutes.
Spread on a tray to cool then enjoy! To preserve, store in an airtight container.
1. Other ingredient options for adding flavor to your candied peanuts include vanilla extract and cinnamon. You could really use any flavor you like or use no flavor at all.
2. Omit the salt if you want it very sugary but I find that adding salt yields the perfect blend of sweet and salty.
3. If you choose to double this recipe, note that the cooking time will increase.
4. Us this same method to candy other nuts like almonds and pecans. SO GOOD!
5. Instead of roasting the peanuts on the stove-top you could roast them in the oven - spread them on a tray covered with parchment paper on a single layer then roast for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).