My Favorite Ambrosia Salad is filled with a variety of fruits, fresh grapes and dressed in a sweet, slightly tangy yogurt dressing. Only 10 minutes of prep time and no need for whipped cream here! This salad is well-loved by my kids and perfect for the holidays, spring summer, or entertaining.
In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup combine the yogurt, sugar, and milk. Stir well so everything is incorporated.
Place all the other ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Add the yogurt dressing and toss to combine.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for at least one hour or until ready to serve. It can be refrigerated overnight too.
1. All canned fruits are measured after draining.
2. Refrigeration helps the flavors to meld. This is a great make-ahead dish. Just make it and keep in the fridge overnight for serving the next day.
3. Toast the coconut if desired. Toasting the coconut will amp up its flavor resulting in an even tastier ambrosia salad.
4. Add nuts if desired.
5. Switch the fruit cocktail for tangerines if desired.
6. You could use all fresh fruits if desired.
7. After draining the maraschino cherries from their jar water, rinse again with water to prevent the cherries from giving a red tint to the salad.
8. Taste the yogurt dressing and adjust sweetness as preferred. For more sweetness, add more sugar.
9. I used pineapples and cocktail fruits canned in fruit juice as opposed to those canned in syrup. That's just my preference.