Ginger Drink is a great detox and immunity-boosting drink plus it tastes great and it is easy to make!
Place ginger and water in a pot and place on high heat. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium and let it boil for 5 minutes.
Strain and add honey or sweetener of choice and stir. Serve hot or let it cool completely then place in the fridge to chill before serving.
1. Use more or less ginger depending on how much ginger flavor you want in your tea.
2. This recipe makes 1 serving. Feel free to double, triple, quadrupule or multiply the recipe as needed if you are making ginger drink for several people.
3. I find that organic ginger is best for ginger drink because it is more fragrant so use organic ginger if you can. Health food stores like Whole Foods or Sprouts sell organic ginger.
4. For Cold Ginger Drink: follow all the steps for making ginger drink as stated above. Let th drink cool completely then pour it into a bottle or container with a tight-fitting lid and place in the fridge to chill before drinking.
5. For Variation in Flavor: boil the ginger with some fresh lemon grass (if you can find it), mint leaves, or squeeze some lemon or lime juice into the ginger drink before drinking.
6. Nutritional information is based on the assumption that the ginger drink is sweetened with 2 teaspoons of strained honey.