Coconut Doughnuts Recipe
Published Dec 26, 2020
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Coconut Doughnuts have a nice crunch on the outside and taste like cake on the inside. They are the perfect snack, finger food, or party food as they come together in just about 30 minutes!
I have a loving relationship with deep fried dough. And I LOVE the flavor of coconut. So these Coconut Doughnuts are right up my alley!
Make these babies, put your legs up and enjoy them warm with some tea or coffee. They are so tasty with a hint of coconut in every bite.
INGREDIENTS FOR COCONUT DOUGHNUTS
Here is a run-down of the ingredients you need for Coconut Doughnuts. Be sure to check out the full recipe below for the exact measurements.
For Coconut Doughnuts you need the following ingredients:
1. All-purpose or plain flour. Just good old plain flour will work here.
2. Sugar. For sweetness.
3. Baking Powder. To help the dough rise.
4. Salt. To balance the sweetness.
5. Coconut milk
6. Coconut oil. I prefer extra virgin coconut oil.
7. Egg. For richness and to hold the batter together.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT DOUGHNUTS
Here is a run-down of how to make Coconut Doughnuts. Be sure to check out the full recipe below for more precise directions.
1. In a bowl mix together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
2. Add in coconut oil, coconut milk and egg. Mix to form a thick batter.
3. Deep fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown.
A Drop Doughnut Recipe
These are drop doughnuts which are quite different from doughnuts made with yeast. They take less time to make than traditional yeast doughnuts and they are more on the cakey side while yeast doughnuts are more bread-like.
These doughnuts have a hint of coconut flavor. If you would like more coconut flavor add a few drops of coconut extract to the batter.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE COCONUT DOUGHNUTS
Watch me making Coconut Doughnuts in the video below. Also please subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you can keep up with my cooking videos.
More Delicious Doughnut Recipes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- Oil for deep frying
- Pour oil into a heavy bottom pot to up to 4 inches. Place oil on medium heat to heat up.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix to for a batter. If the batter is too thick add water in little increments until the batter is at a scoop-able consistency.
- Test the oil by dropping a tablespoon full of batter into the oil. If it sizzles then the oil is hot enough.
- Drop tablespoonfulls of batter into the oil. Let the doughnuts fry for about 5 minutes until completely cooked through.
- Remove the doughnuts from the oil with a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Doughnuts are best eaten warm.