Mango Avocado Salsa
Published Mar 20, 2019
Updated Aug 11, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Mango Avocado Salsa is one of the best things I have ever put in my mouth! It is fresh, crunchy, tangy, sweet, and so delightful. It’s hard to stop eating!
This Mango Avocado Salsa is perfect as an appetizer or as a side to a main dish. Serve it with some chips, on tacos, on the side of grilled fish or meat, or just eat it with a spoon straight off the bowl like my hubby!
I’m going to let my eight-year-old describe this for you because she had so many amazing things to say about this salsa.
Last night, as we were enjoying some with chips, I kept gushing about how tasty it is so she said, “Mommy, you have to say everything you are saying about this on your blog! Just tell them how great it is!”
And I have already told you guys how great it is! It is crunchy and fresh and sweet with a bit of tang and spice. AND it is healthy and vegan without even trying!
My sweet girl added “Before, I thought that mango and bell pepper won’t go good together. But once I tried it, it was just heaven!”
As if that was not enough, she added, “Mummy, if I am online and I try this, I’ll give it 15 stars!”
I just kept laughing at her statements. But those were not all. She also said:
“This is the best salsa I ever had!”
“This is worth dying for!”
Take it from my daughter, this Mango Avocado Salsa is worth dying for! The more I eat it, the more I want to eat it. It opens up the taste palate so well. There’s nothing like a dish made with fresh vibrant ingredients.
Who knew mango and avocado could go together so well?
What is a Salsa?
Salsa is a Spanish word that literally means sauce in English. Conventional salsa usually is a sauce made of tomatoes, onions, and peppers. However, salsas can also be chunky like this Mango Avocado Salsa which is made by dicing the ingredients.
What’s in a Mango Avocado Salsa?
For a great tasting Mango Avocado Salsa, here are the ingredients you need:
1. Mango: I use one large mango. The mango should be ripe but not mushy so you can get neat slices when you dice it.
2. Avocado: Like the mango, the avocado should be ripe but not mushy so it can be diced into neat slices that look presentable.
3. Red onion: This provides a little spice and crunchiness to the Mango Avocado Salsa.
4. Red bell pepper: This provides crunch, sweetness, and color to the salsa.
5. Cilantro: A few sprigs of cilantro chopped brings a herby vibe to the salsa. However, omit it if you can’t stand cilantro.
6. Salt: a little salt seasons and ties all the ingredients together.
7. Ground black pepper: This provides a nice little spicy kick.
8. Lime: The juice of one lime squeezed over the ingredients provides some much-needed tanginess.
Other Ingredients You Could Add To Your Mango Avocado Salsa
1. Corn: I have equally made this salsa with some corn I grilled in the oven. You could grill the corn on a grill or you could even boil it then cut the kernels and add to your salsa. Alternately, use frozen corn or canned corn. I prefer fresh corn.
2. Hot peppers: If you like a lot of spice, chop half a habanero pepper and add to your salsa. It is important to wear gloves when handling a habanero because it is very hot. Alternately, chop a jalapeno pepper and use or just add a few shakes of red pepper flakes to your salsa.
What to Serve with a Mango Avocado Salsa
1. You can serve this salsa on tostones as a cute little appetizer. Place about 1 tablespoon of the salsa on each tostone and serve on a platter.
2. Serve with tortilla chips as an appetizer! It is also the perfect appetizer to enjoy when watching a favorite TV show.
3. Serve it on the side of grilled fish, chicken or meat. So good!
4. Serve it on fish or shrimp tacos.
5. Eat it on its own as my husband does.
If you make this recipe please leave a star rating below. Your rating helps others find the recipe plus I love hearing from you! Thank you!
Don’t miss the Mango Avocado Salsa video in the recipe card below!
Subscribe to my channelSubscribe
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 mango peeled and diced
- 1 small avocado or half a large one peeled and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 6 sprigs cilantro chopped finely
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.