Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad with fresh tomatoes, crispy cucumbers and onions for a nice bite. You'll love the incredible basil lemon dressing that goes on this salad! This salad is perfect for lunch, potlucks, parties, summertime, as a side dish and more.
When I saw fresh lovely looking cherry tomatoes in the grocery store the other day, I knew I had to grab some and throw them in a salad!
Cherry tomatoes are so beautiful and they taste wonderful when made into a salad.
I am not a fan of eating raw tomatoes so I had to make sure the dressing was extra flavorful so it really makes the salad tasty. I add fresh basil to the dressing which really amps up the flavor of this salad.
This Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad is a winner. My hubby loved it so much that he called home while at work and spoke about how good it was.
So even if you are not a raw-tomato-eating person, this salad is worth trying.
Ingredients for Cucumber Tomato Onion Salad
For cucumber tomato and onion salad you need fresh tomatoes, cucumber and onions. For the dressing, you need fresh basil, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Basil Lemon Dressing
Basil lemon dressing or vinaigrette is a great way to add flavor to salad. All you need is fresh basil, some good quality extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Just whisk everything together and you'll have a really tasty dressing that goes well on a tomato cucumber salad.
How To Make Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad
1. Place chopped tomatoes. cucumber and onions in a bowl or platter.
2. Drizzle on basil lemon dressing.
3. Toss everything to combine.
4. Serve right away or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
This salad pairs well with grilled chicken, beef or fish. It also makes a great appetizer or make-ahead side dish.
More Easy Tasty Salad Recipes
Cucumber Tomato and Onion Salad
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 baby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, thinly sliced
Basil Lemon Dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Make the dressing. Add all ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl. Beat well with a fork to combine.
- Place the chopped tomatoes, cucumber and onions into a bowl or serving platter. Drizzle on the dressing and toss well to combine. Serve immediately or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate well before serving.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish.