Avocado Salad is the salad to make when you want something easy, healthy and delicious. Only 7 simple ingredients are required to make this tasty avocado salad.
“If a woman drowns her salad in mayonnaise and says she is doing clean eating, she does nothing but deceives herself.” James 1: 24, Clean Eating Bible.
Avocado, the Superfood
- It fights cancer.
- It contains heart-healthy fats.
- It aids digestion.
- It regulates blood sugar levels.
- It is anti-inflammatory.
- It does much more!
Another noteworthy thing is that avocado is a fruit and not a vegetable. A salad like this takes a fruit that already tastes great and makes it exceptional.
This salad is crunchy with freshness from the tomatoes, onions, and cucumbers and creamy from the texture of the avocados. It is the perfect balance of crunchy and creamy.
It can be eaten on it’s own, together with whole wheat bread for breakfast or lunch or as a side dish to other meals.
Avocado Salad Ingredients
Avocado Salad requires 7 simple ingredients:
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
How to Make Avocado Salad
1. Peel cucumber and chop into 1-inch pieces. (If using English cucumber, do not peel it because its skin is thinner). Place the chopped cucumber in a large bowl.
2. Cut tomatoes into 1-inch pieces and add to the bowl.
3. Dice onion and add to the bowl.
4. Cut each avocado into 4 slices. Peel each slice and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add chopped avocado to the bowl.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the chopped ingredients.
6. Sprinkle on salt and ground black pepper.
7. Mix everything together to combine. I love this stuff!
Make some soon! Watch the recipe video and get the printable recipe below.
Here are some commonly asked questions about this recipe and my answers to them:
What can I use in place of olive oil? Substitutes for olive oil are coconut oil, peanut oil, corn oil, avocado oil or vegetable oil.
What if I don’t like cucumber? If you do not like cucumber, feel free to omit it then reduce the oil, salt and pepper by half.
Watch How To Make Avocado Salad
In this video, you can watch me making this tasty salad with avocado, cucumber and tomatoes.
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel so you do not miss any of my cooking videos. Thanks to everyone who has subscribed already!
Here are some other Avocado Salad Recipes you might love:
- CHICKEN AVOCADO SALAD
- AVOCADO EGG SALAD
- SHRIMP AVOCADO TOMATO SALAD
- CUCUMBER AVOCADO SALAD
- BREAKFAST SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND EGGS
This Avocado Salad only requires few ingredients, it is easy to make and the perfect balance of crunchy and creamy. The best part is you do not have to feel guilty about eating it. It is actually good for you. It is the perfect side dish or appetizer.
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Peel cucumber and chop into 1-inch pieces. (If using English cucumber, do not peel it because its skin is thinner). Place the chopped cucumber in a large bowl.
Chop tomatoes into 1-inch pieces and add to the bowl.
Add the onion to the bowl.
Cut each avocado into 4 slices. Peel each slice and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add the avocado to the bowl.
Drizzle olive oil over the chopped ingredients.
Sprinkle salt and ground black pepper over the chopped ingredients.
Toss to combine then serve.
1. You need ripe avocados for this recipe. Ripe avocados are darker in color than green ones and feel slightly soft when you apply pressure on them. Here is a useful post on how to pick and buy avocados.
2. For a salad that is lesser in calories and fat-free, you could use 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of olive oil,
*This recipe has been updated.