Pan Seared Ribeye Steak is tender, juicy, and so tasty. This recipe is perfect for weeknights or special occasions and so easy to make!
Pan Seared Ribeye Steak is one of the tastiest things I ever put in my mouth! Incredible flavorful meat that only needs a little seasoning to shine.
You will feel like you are dining at a 5-star restaurant when you try this ribeye steak grilled in a cast iron skillet. That's how I felt!
This pan seared steak is elegant enough for special occasions like date night or Valentines Day and easy enough to make for dinner on weeknights or for Sunday Supper.
Serve with some sautéed vegetables, roasted potatoes or any side dish you like and you have a magnificent meal!
Ingredients For Pan Seared Ribeye Steak
You need the following ingredients for Pan Seared Ribeye Steak. Be sure to check the full recipe below for a complete list of ingredients and their measurements.
1. Ribeye Steak. Use 1-inch ribeye steaks for this recipe. Steaks significantly thicker than one inch ( more than 1 ½ inches) are more challenging to cook only in a pan.
2. Oil. For searing. Light olive oil or any neutral-tasting oil would work.
3. Salt. For flavor.
4. White Pepper or Black Pepper. For flavor. Either of these peppers would work here.
5. Garlic. For flavor.
6. Parsley. For herby flavor and a pop of color.
7. Butter. For flavor, for basting the meat and the butter also forms a tasty sauce that goes well with the steak.
How To Pan Sear Ribeye
Here is how to Pan Sear Ribeye and get amazing flavorful meat. Be sure to check the full recipe below for more detailed directions.
1. Start by cutting off excess fat on the steak if you want to. The fat doean't bother me so I leave it on.
2. Next, dry the steak with paper towel. This ensures a good sear.
3. Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a cast iron skillet on medium high heat until smoking hot. Add oil to the pan.
5. Transfer the steak to the skillet pressing it down so it touches the skillet. Do not move the steak around.
6. Let the steak cook for 4 minutes on one side then flip to the other side and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. OR let the steak cook to desired doneness.
7. While the second side of the steak cooks, add garlic, butter and parsley to the pan.
8. Baste the steak with the garlicky herby butter sauce.
9. Serve warm.
This Pan Seared Ribeye Steak is:
- So satisfying!
I served it with some tasty sautéed vegetables (recipe coming soon!) This is a really flavorful meal you can make in no time in your own kitchen. You deserve it!
More Easy Weeknight Dinners You May Love
Pan Seared Ribeye Steak
- 2 ribeye steaks (10 ounces each or about 283g) at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper or ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- Cut off excess fat around the steak if desired.
- Dry the steak with paper towel. This ensures a good sear.
- Place a cast iron skillet on medium high heat and let it heat up for 4-5 minutes until smoking hot.
- Meanwhile, season both room temperature ribeye steaks evenly with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the oil into the smoking hot skillet and swirl so the oil coats the bottom of the pan.
- Place the steaks carefully into the cast iron skillet pressing each steak down carefully once it touches the skillet.
- Let the steaks cook on one side for 4 minutes or until desired doneness. Flip to the other side and let them cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Once you flip the steaks to the other side, add the smashed garlic around the steak, letting it sizzle in the oil.
- Cut the butter into 2 and add to the sides of the pan. Once the butter melts, sprinkle the chopped parsley around the steak. Spoon the garlic parsley mixture over the steak.
- Remove from heat and serve warm or let it rest covered with aluminum foil for 5 minutes then slice thinly against the grain and serve.