Corn Avocado Salad is the perfect summer salad which can also be eaten anytime of the year! It is loaded with sweet corn, creamy avocado and other crunchy vegetables, all tied together with a really easy lemon dressing.
My husband is so in love with our Chicken Avocado Salad that he now doesn't trust if other salads will be as delicious.
So when I first made this Corn Avocado Salad, he was reluctant to eat it. But when he did, he was pleasantly surprised!
"How come this salad is so delcious without chicken?" He exclaimed.
I told him the secret was fresh produce: fresh summer corn to be more precise.
Fresh sweet corn adds sweetness and freshness to this salad that makes it undeniably good! The lemon dressing also adds brightness and freshness!
I roast the corn on a grill pan. The process of grilling the corn adds great smokiness and those glorious grill marks!
This Corn Avocado Salad is definitely one to make over and over especially during the summer time. It is one to make when you have friends coming over, one to make for potlucks and a fantastic colourful side dish!
P.S. My children had this salad with some homemade bread on the side last night and they were happy girls. #justsaying
Corn Salad Ingredients
1. Fresh Corn. Use fresh corn on the cob for the best flavor but you could substitute with frozen corn or canned corn.
2. Avocado. You need one large ripe avocado or 2 small avocados.
3. Red bell pepper. Red bell pepper adds color and crunch to Corn Avocado Salad. You could substitute the red bell pepper with tomatoes. Grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes would work well.
4. Red onion. Red onion adds zing and color to salads.
5. Romaine Lettuce. Adding lettuce to this corn salad is a great way to eat green leafy vegetables. Always sneak in those vegetables whenever you can.
Corn Avocado Salad Dressing Ingredients
For the easy salad dressing, you only need lemon juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper. It is basically the same dressing I use for my Lettuce Salad.
How To Make Roasted Corn and Avocado Salad
1. Grill fresh corn on the cob either using a grill pan or on the outside grill.
2. Cut the corn kernels off the cob.
3. Chop romaine lettuce and place in a bowl or on a platter.
4. Add corn, sliced avocado, sliced red onion and chopped red bell pepper to the lettuce.
5. Make the dressing. Place lemon juice, olive oil, salt and ground black pepper in a bowl. Whisk well to combine. Pour the dressing over the vegetables.
6. Toss the dressing and vegetables well to combine and serve!
What to Eat With Corn Avocado Salad
You could eat Corn Avocado Salad with:
Corn Avocado Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce rinsed, spun dry and finely chopped
- 2 ears fresh corn sub with about 1 ½ cups frozen corn - See Note 5
- 1 large ripe avocado or two small ripe avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed and diced
- ¼ small red onion thinly sliced
Corn Avocado Salad Dressing
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice from about half a medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the corn. Remove husks from corn. Place a grill pan on high heat until smoking hot. Place the corn onto the pan and cook on high heat for 4 minutes. Turn the side and cook for 2 minutes, Keep turning the sides until all sides of the corn have cooked on the grill pan and some char marks have developed. It takes about 10 minutes. Place the corn on a plate and let it cool. (See Recipe Notes for alternate ways of cooking corn.)
- Cut the corn kernels off the cob. Spread a clean kitchen towel on a chopping board. (The kitchen towel will help catch the corn kernels so they don't go flying around the kitchen.) Place the corn standing upright on the kitchen towel then using a sharp knife, gently cut the kernels from top to bottom. Repeat process until all the kernels have been removed.
- Assemble the salad. Place the finely chopped romaine lettuce in a bowl. Add the corn, sliced avocado, diced red bell pepper, and sliced red onion.
- Make the dressing. Place all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk well to combine. Pour the dressing all over the salad.
- Toss the salad. Toss the salad well to combine then serve.
This post contains affiliate links.