This Cajun Salmon is easy to make and super tasty with cajun flavors. The perfect quick, easy AND healthy weeknight dinner.
I only starting eating salmon less than 2 years ago and it quickly became one of my favorites! I love the salmon-y taste and when combined with cajun seasoning, it is to die for!
Cajun seasoning is a spice blend used in cajun cooking. You can either make yours at home or you can purchase cajun seasoning from the spice section of your grocery store.
Using Cajun seasoning makes making this Cajun Salmon a whole lot easier! It is a dinner that works for a busy mama like me. I do not need to sort out spices for my fish. Just one scoop of cajun seasoning and my fish has so much flavor!
How ever, if you are a garlic person, feel free to add some garlic powder to the salmon. It can only make it better.
How to Make Cajun Salmon
First pat salmon dry with paper towel.
Even sprinkle cajun seasoning, salt and pepper on both sides of the salmon.
Place the seasoned salmon on a generously greased baking tray then drizzle the fish with olive oil.
Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 12-15 minutes until the fish flakes easily when pricked with a fork.
Serve warm with any side you like. These Sauteed Peppers and fish go so good together! Try it and let me know what you think.
- 2 pounds salmon
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- ½-3/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Thaw salmon (you can do this in the refrigerator overnight if you plan a day before. If not, cook the salmon from frozen. It will take a little longer to cook than thawed salmon but it will work. I have done it this way before and it worked well.)
- Preheat oven tp 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Pat the salmon steaks dry with paper towel then place on a single layer on a tray.
- Sprinkle salt, cajun seasoning and black pepper evenly on each side.
- Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and generously grease with oil.
- Place the fish on the prepared tray, skin side down if the salmon has skin on.
- Place in oven and let it cook for 12-15 minutes until the salmon flakes easily when pricked with a fork.
- Serve warm with your favorite side dish.