Easy Roasted Potatoes: crispy edges, well seasoned and pair well with a wide variety of dishes from eggs to meats and fish.
Sometimes easy things are the best! Like these easy roasted potatoes. Potatoes, salt and light seasoning all marry in the oven for an easy side dish.
One of the easiest side dishes I make is roasted potatoes. They are so versatile whether for breakfast with some scrambled eggs and crispy bacon or for dinner with some roast chicken and vegetables.
With only 10 minutes of prep time, this is one recipe to definitely have on your weekly meal rotation.
What Makes Good Roasted Potatoes?
1. The kind of potatoes used. Use potatoes with a high starch content like russet potatoes. That way you get roasted potatoes that are perfectly creamy in the middle while remaining crispy on the outside.
2. Salt. Potatoes can taste bland if not properly salted. Salt really helps bring out the flavors.
3. Herbs and Spices. Herbs like parsley or rosemary go well with potatoes. Spices like garlic and ginger transform bland potatoes into something incredibly tasty.
For this Easy Roasted Potatoes recipe you could either use a little green seasoning or use a few shakes of dried herbs and spices.
You guys already know I am an advocate for keeping a decent stash of dried herbs and spices. They make life in the kitchen so much easier!
How To Make Easy Roasted Potatoes
You can make easy roasted potatoes in 4 easy steps.
1. Peel potatoes.
2. Chop potatoes.
3. Season potatoes.
4. Roast potatoes in oven.
What To Serve With Roasted Potatoes
- Baked Chicken
- Pan Seared Fish
- Chicken in Creamy White Sauce
- Crispy Chicken Thighs
- Baked Turkey Wings
- Sauteed Peppers
Easy Roasted Potatoes are so versatile! They can be eaten for breakfast with some scrambled eggs and bacon or for dinner with some baked chicken and sauteed veggies. Either way they are a delicious side dish and one that should be on your weekly meal rotation.
- 5 large russet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white/black pepper
- 1 teaspoon green seasoning or ¼ teaspoon each powder garlic, ginger, basil and parsley
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit ( about 232 degrees Celsius).
Peel potatoes. Rinse and pat dry.
Cut into 1-inch pieces.
Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Add all the other ingredients. Toss to combine.
Spread on single layer on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until potatoes are done.
The green seasoning I use on these potatoes is a homemade seasoning made with ginger, garlic, parsley and other herbs/spices. It is a versatile seasoning that greatly improved the taste of meals and works well as a marinade for meat or fish. I recommend to make some and keep a jar in the fridge for adding to food. Here is the green seasoning recipe.
And you could definitely substitute green seasoning with dried spices and herbs as suggested in the recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.