4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
Published Oct 30, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
You don’t always have to spend time dicing ingredients when making guacamole. Here is a simple and no-fuss 4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe that’s perfect for serving with tortilla chips or Plantain Chips.
It’s a dipping party at home when this creamy, fresh, tangy 4 ingredient guacamole is ready. I serve it with some good-quality tortilla chips as an appetizer before dinner.
Table of Contents
Simple Guacamole Recipe
If you are looking for an simple guacamole recipe that doesn’t require slicing, dicing, or mincing, this 4 ingredient recipe is perfect.
While a loaded guacamole recipe is great, sometimes you just need a quick and easy avocado dip. You’ll this 4 Ingredient Guacamole recipes for several reasons.
- It is quick. It takes 5 minutes total to scoop, mash, and season the avocados.
- It is great for picky eaters. Some of my kids don’t like other ingredients like onions in their guacamole so this is a recipe the whole family can enjoy.
- It is customizable. Use this recipe as a base for making other kinds of guacamole. Add in the ingredients you like! See many options below.
- It is wholesome and makes a great low-carb, nutrient-packed meal.
- It is a versatile side dish that can be added to many meals like sandwiches, tacos, or wraps.
Here are the ingredients you need to make the easiest 4 ingredient guacamole ever!
Here are some notes on the ingredients:
- Avocados: Be sure to pick ripe but not mushy avocados. The avocados should give slightly when pressed down with a finger.
- Lime juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice for the best flavor. You could also replace lime juice with lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper: Salt brings out the flavor while good black pepper adds a spicy hint.
See the recipe card below with a detailed list of ingredients and instructions.
Looking to add more ingredients to your guacamole? Use our 4 ingredient guacamole recipe as a base then consider adding the following ingredients.
- Diced onions: Diced onions will add flavor to guamole.
- Minced garlic: Add some minced garlic for even more flavor.
- Tomatoes: Dice up some fresh tomatoes and add for more texture.
- Herbs: Add chopped cilantro or parsley for herby flavor.
- Grilled corn: Grill some corn on the cob on the outside grill or on the grill pan, then cut the corn kernels and add to your guacamole.
- Fruits: Add diced fruit like pineapple or mango for a fruity guacamole.
- Spicy: Add diced Jalapenos for some heat.
- Spices: Add dried spices like cumin powder for more flavor in the guacamole.
How To Make Avocado Dip
Making this 4 ingredient guacamole is quick and easy, perfect for when you want a quick no-fuss dip! Here is how to make it:
- Cut avocados in half and scoop out the flesh. Scoop easily with a spoon or an avocado slicer.
- Mash the avocados with a fork.
- Squeeze in lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine then taste and adjust seasoning and lime juice.
You could use a potato masher to easily mash avocados to make guacamole.
You can definitely use lemon juice in place of lime juice in guacamole.
You can make guacamole up to a day in advance. To prevent the guacamole from turning brown, squeeze lime juice all over the top and store the guacamole in an airtight container in the fridge. Before eating, discard the excess juice on top so it doesn’t change the flavor profile of your guacamole.
Authentic guacamole is made with avocado, onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, garlic, and salt.
Serving 4 Ingredient Guacamole
This easy guacamole makes a great addition to meals whether for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Serve this guacamole with:
- Rice Bowls
- Fresh Vegetables, as a dip
- Wraps, and more.
If you make this recipe please leave a star rating below. Your rating helps others find the recipe plus I love hearing from you! Thank you!
4 Ingredient Guacamole Recipe
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- 1½-2 Tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed, about 2 limes, adjust to taste
- Salt and ground black pepper according to taste
- Half the avocados, remove the pits and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Add the scooped avocado to a medium mixing bowl and mash with, a fork into a chunky paste. Add the lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Serve with tortilla chips or plantain chips.