I love having pepper sauce at home because it makes a whole lot of meals and snacks more palatable. This is definitely a kitchen hack!
Try it on Fish Rolls:
And it doesn’t work only for snacks. This sauce makes complete meals come alive! I add a little tomato to mine to intensity the vibrant red colour and water down the heat from the pepper. That way I can spoon a huge quantity on a hard boiled egg and enjoy the wonders of sweet combined with hot. Pure bliss!
Please omit the tomatoes if that doesn’t work for you. Just know that your sauce will be fiery hot and you will need to offer a disclaimer to your table guests so they don’t sue you for making them cry involuntarily.
I equally bless my sauce with some garlic, ginger and onions because this trio bring an unbeatable dimension of taste. Then I add a seasoning cube and a little salt to bring out all those wonderful flavours. You need to have a jar, bowl, cup, bottle or whatever of this in your kitchen anytime. Forget the store-bought versions. This homemade sauce is the B.O.M.B.
And you know what? It only requires a handful of ingredients you probably already have at home.
Let’s get started!
Pepper Sauce Recipe
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 5 mins
Total: 10 mins
I hot pepper (or more)
A handful of chopped onions
1/2 inch of peeled ginger root
5 cloves of peeled garlic
1 maggi cube
A pinch of salt to taste
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Prepare your ingredients; cut the stem off the tip of your pepper, chop your tomatoes, peel your maggi cube and throw in a blender. I do not add any water before blending because the juice from the tomato makes the other ingredients blend easily.
Blend them until everything is broken down completely. You might want to leave the mixture a little rough instead of too smooth. It depends on your preferences.
Pour into a pot and season with a little salt. Please ignore my dirty-looking stove top. These things happen in life and ministry.
Bring to a boil on medium heat. Half way through boiling, pour in vegetable oil. This helps to preserve your sauce and it makes it taste better. Ya!
When it cooks a little bit more with the oil, it is all done. Let it cool completely then you transfer into a container with a lid and keep for future or immediate consumption. I always begin my consumption immediately because my hard-boiled egg will be peeled and waiting.
- You could store your sauce in a refrigerator if you want. This could keep for up to a month when properly stored with enough oil that covers the surface.
- Double or triple the recipe depending on the quantity you want.
- When the sauce starts to boil, your house may smell peppery and cause you to sneeze. Do well to cover your pot to reduce the smell and only open to add oil. Reduce your heat before adding oil so the mixture doesn’t splash on you. Thereafter, return your heat to normal.
- You could also use this sauce as a marinade to spice up meat, fish or chicken. Delicious!
- Alternately, you could start by heating up the oil and pouring in the blended ingredients to fry for a few minutes. Yum yum!
Do you plan on making this sauce? Do you make pepper sauce often? What is your recipe? Do let me know below.
May you enjoy the joys of pepper sauce on your dining table!
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.”