This Sweet and Salty Charcuterie Board is not only pleasing to the eyes. It is loaded with different flavors and textures that will suit all kinds of palettes. Make this the next time you are receiving guests to wow them!
This post is sponsored by Nonni's. All opinions are 100% mine.
There's something for everyone on this Sweet and Salty Charcuterie Board. My girls and I devoured it minutes after it was made. It is so good, so celebratory and such a fun appetizer to share with others!
WHAT IS CHARCUTERIE?
Charcuterie, pronounced "shahr-ku-tuh-ree" is a word that is used to describe cured cold meats. Curing meats for preservation is a process that was used by humans before refrigeration was invented.
Examples of charcuterie meats include salami, prosciutto, mortadella and pepperoni.
WHY MAKE A CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
There are many reason s why you should make a Charcuterie Board:
- It is pretty. Charcuterie boards are pretty to look at and inviting. After all, we eat first with our eyes.
- It is easy to put together. You do not need to cook anything for a Chacuterie board. You simply assemble different components together.
- It is versatile. You can go different directions with a charcuterie board. You can make it sweet and salty, mostly cheese and meats or you can build it to suit seasons or holidays. So versatile!
WHY MAKE A SWEET AND SALTY CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
The holidays are mostly about the sweets! All the baked goods oozing with various flavors. A sweet and salty charcuterie board is perfect for the holidays or for special celebrations.
You still get the charcuterie meats, cheeses, then you get lots of fruits and sweetness!
Nonni’s Foods is an artisan Italian-inspired baked goods company that is dedicated to using wholesome ingredients in its cookies, including eggs, butter and sugar.
The Gingerbread Biscotti flavor really rings in the holidays. I also love how the Biscotti are soft and easy to chew when you dip into your favorite hot drink.
Nonni's has a wide variety of Biscotti flavors to choose from whether you want to serve the Biscotti on a charcuterie board or you want to dunk them in a cup of hot cocoa.
WHAT GOES ON A CHARCUTERIE BOARD?
1. Cured meats
5. Dried Fruit
6. Fresh Fruit
7. Jams, Jellies, Honey, Spreads
For the board I used a round wooden lazy suzan but you can use any wooden/chopping board or tray you have on hand.
This sweet and salty charcuterie board is definitely one to try! Here's wishing you a happy holiday season!
Sweet and Salty Charcuterie Board
- 4 oz prosciutto
- 4 oz salami
- 2 oz pepperoni
- 5 oz spreadable cheese
- 8 oz brie cheese
- 5 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese slices or other hard cheese of choice
- 3 oz olives I used a Greek olive medley
- ¼ cup salt roasted almonds
- 4 oz crackers
- Place grapes around the border of a wooden board or serving platter.
- Add any round items like the bowl containing olives, and a bowl containing jam or a sweet spread and the spreadable cheese. Place the brie in the middle of the platter and cut into wedges.
- Arrange all the other ingredients on the board.