How about something sweet for the weekend? This Pineapple Jam hits all the spots! Sweet, fruity, with a jelly-like consistency. I will eat the whole thing off the jar if I could. But my kids are watching so I will be a great example and enjoy the Pineapple Jam a little at a time.
I loathe storebought jam! In fact, I don’t think I have ever bought jam from a store in my life. And that because the sugar content is ridiculously high. I hate to eat anything and feel my teeth responding to the high sugar content.
Pectin is a thickening agent used in jam recipes. I often find that my jam thickens well without pectin. So this is a pineapple jam recipe without pectin. Which means fewer ingredients and less stress!
HOW TO MAKE PINEAPPLE JAM
1. Peel and dice a pineapple. Preferably use a pineapple that has started turning brown/orange for an intense pineapple flavor.
2. Place pineapple in a pot with granulated sugar and freshly squeezed lime juice.
3. Mix all the ingredients together and bring them to a boil then let them simmer while you stir from time to time until the mixture becomes jelly-like.
Now note that my Pineapple Jam is chunky. I asked my kids if they wanted it smooth or chunky and they said they wanted it chunky! For a smoother jam, grate the pineapple instead of dicing it. Every other procedure remains the same.
WHAT TO EAT WITH PINEAPPLE JAM
You can serve this pineapple jam with a whole lot of things! Like:
HOW TO CAN PINEAPPLE JAM
If you would love to know how to can this jam and store for a really long time, check out this guide.
HOW LONG DOES PINEAPPLE JAM LAST?
Pineapple Jam will last for up to 3 months in the fridge. If you can it, it could even last longer.
I really hope you try this Pineapple Jam, friends. It is:
- Loaded with pineapple flavor
- Not tangy at all!
- So fruity!
Homemade Pineapple Jam made without pectin. In fact, you only need 3 simple ingredients. Bring the taste of the tropics to your home via this Pineapple Jam Recipe.
- 1 medium pineapple. Very Ripe - see Note 1
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
Peel pineapple and dice into little pieces. Makes about 4 cups.
Place pineapple, sugar and lime juice in a pot and mix.
Place pot on the fire on medium-high heat and cover. After 5 minutes, it must have started boiling, open and stir. Reduce heat to medium, let it cook for another 10 minutes then mash with potato masher. Let it cook until the liquid is jelly-like. About 15 minutes more. Turn off the heat.
Once cool, place in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and keep in the fridge. This could last in the fridge for up to 3 months!
1. Preferably use a pineapple that has started turning brown/orange for an intense pineapple flavor.
2. Note that my Pineapple Jam is chunky. I asked my kids if they wanted it smooth or chunky and they said they wanted it chunky! For a smoother jam, grate the pineapple instead of dicing it. Every other procedure remains the same.
3. This jam can last in the fridge for up to a month!
4. if you would love to know how to can this jam and store for a really long time, check out this guide.
Pin this recipe:
“And we know that God causes everything to work together[a] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28, NLT