Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs
Published Jul 01, 2020
Updated May 30, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs with an incredible marinade that makes the chicken super juicy! Can be made on the stove-top or on the grill. Enjoy these grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs with a salad, in a wrap, with some rice or any side you like!
“Make sure you save this EXACT recipe!” said my daughter as she enjoyed a meal of these grilled chicken thighs in tortilla wraps.
My kids agree that this recipe is blog-worthy! (I always ask them if a recipe is worthy to be blogged about.) The chicken is super tender, juicy and so flavorful! Even my 1 year old could nibble down pieces of this chicken with no issues!
The secret is the marinade, which I will show you! And those grill marks, aren’t they to die for?!
Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs Ingredients
1. Boneless skinless chicken thighs
2. Plain yogurt. Here is the secret ingredient for this grilled chicken thighs recipe. The yogurt makes the chicken super tender and juicy!
I used plain Greek Yogurt but regular plain yogurt is fine as well.
3. Garlic powder
4. Onion powder
5. Dried basil
6. White pepper
7. Chicken bouillon powder. Chicken bouillon powder really amplifies the taste of meals especially chicken meals.
How To Make Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs
1. Place boneless skinless chicken thighs in a bowl. Add in garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, chicken bouillon powder, white or black pepper, salt and yogurt. Mix well to combine.
2. Cover the chicken and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight on the fridge.
3. Heat up a grill pan on high heat and grill the chicken thighs for about four minutes per side.
Instructions For Grilling on the Outside Grill
I haven’t tested this recipe on the outside grill yet but if you choose to use the outside grill here is what I suggest:
1. Heat up the grill on medium heat and brush the grates with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking to the grill.
2. Place the chicken thighs on the hot oiled grill and grill covered on one side for four minutes. Flip to the other side and grill for another 4 minutes.
After that, check the chicken for doneness. A meat thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the chicken should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit for the chicken to be considered done.
If the chicken is not done, keep grilling until it is completely done – that’s until an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit is reached.
What To Serve With Grilled Chicken Thighs
Important Tools for Making Grilled Chicken Thighs (affiliate)
Grilled Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs 6-7 thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper or black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Oil for brushing grill pan or grill
Marinate the chicken
- Place boneless chicken thighs in a mixing bowl. Add in the onion powder, garlic powder, dried basil, white (or black) pepper, salt, chicken bouillon powder and yogurt.
- Mix well to ensure the seasoning gets all over the chicken.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or for a few hours or up to overnight in the fridge.
Grill the chicken
- Place a grill pan on high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and brush all around the grill pan. Let it heat up until the pan is smoking hot.
- Add the chicken thighs to the pan (my grill pan takes 3-4 chicken thighs at once). Let the thighs cook on one side for about 4 minutes then flip to the other side and let them cook for another 4 minutes.
- Check the chicken for doneness. A meat thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the chicken should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit for the chicken to be considered done.
- Remove the grilled chicken thighs and place on a plate. Repeat the process with the rest of the chicken thighs.
- Serve these grilled chicken thighs warm with any side of choice. We sliced ours and put them in tortillas with some veggies and mayo. They were so good!