GRILLED SALMON AND VEGGIES + HOW I STAY HEALTHY DURING PREGNANCY
Published Aug 28, 2018
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NatureMadePrenatalDHA #CollectiveBias
Super tasty grilled salmon that can be made indoors or outdoors, paired with marinated greens. An insanely delicious satisfying meal plus I share how I stay healthy during my pregnancy in this post.
One thing I love about cooking is I can make healthy meals for myself and enjoy them! Like this Grilled Salmon. It is so easy to make, full of flavor and simply irresistible. Immediately I made it, I took a piece and devoured on its own while saying several “hmms” and “ahhs” and nodding my head in agreement! Total foodgasm!
As the pregnant woman that I am, eating healthy is key for me. So I try to get nutrients into my body everyday as much I can. One thing I must take every single day is take my prenatal vitamins. I love Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA (200mg) 150ct. softgels from Sam’s Club, because each gel provides essential vitamins and minerals (before and during pregnancy) including Folic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Iodine, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin D3.†
It also provides 200mg DHA which may help support fetal brain and eye development.† The over-the-counter prenatal vitamins I have taken before only had folic acid and I had to take iron separately each day. So I love that Nature Made® has all my body needs in one easy to swallow gel. Also, Nature Made® is the #1 Pharmacist recommended vitamin and supplement brand.*
Apart from taking my vitamins everyday, I cook and enjoy healthy food. Did I already say that? This Grilled Salmon and Veggies recipe is such a healthy meal but it doesn’t taste healthy at all! Every bite is so tasty!
To make the salmon, I seasoned some salmon fillets with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and dried basil. I also rubbed the fillets with some olive oil. Very simple seasoning but the taste is bomb.com!
Then I placed the salmon in my grill pan and grilled on each side.
Then I made a simple side of marinated vegetables. Simple greens tossed in a light sweet and tangy dressing. The greens and the salmon go so well together.
For a completely filling meal, I ate this with some couscous and tomato sauce on top. So so good! And I’m pretty sure my baby approves!
I got my prenatal vitamins and ingredients used in this recipe from my local Sam’s Club!
I love Sam’s Club because it is a one-stop shop for all household needs. So if you are pregnant or planning to get pregnant, I suggest you check out Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA (200mg) 150ct. soft gels at Sam’s Club.
You should start taking a prenatal 6 months before you start trying to get pregnant. And the 5 month supply bottle is great because they go for several months. And you only need to take one soft gel per day.
Grilled Salmon with Veggies
- 4 salmon fillets with skin on (about 1 pound cut into 4 pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil plus more for rubbing on grill pan if grilling on a pan
For the greens
- 5 cups mixed baby lettuces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Rub olive oil on both sides of the salmon fillets then rub salt, pepper, garlic powder and dried basil on both sides.
- Heat up the grill pan, brush with about a teaspoon of oil. Place the salmon inside and let it cook on low heat for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove and serve with marinated greens.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, honey, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add the veggies and toss together to combine and serve with salmon.
Pin this recipe:
†These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
* Based on a survey of pharmacists who recommend branded vitamins and supplements.