Watch me making some in the video:
Cameroon Doughnuts Recipe
- 3 cups flour (360 g)
- 6 tablespoons margarine - levelled (or softened butter)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup liquid milk
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying - I used canola
- Pour oil into a pot and set to heat on medium heat.
- In a bowl, rub in flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and margarine until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Beat eggs with sugar and milk, add into the flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add in a little water until the batter is a dripping consistency just like puff puff batter.
- Deep fry into small balls in heated oil. To create the balls, wet hands and carry some of the batter with one hand and cut some of it into the oil.
- If this doesn't work for you, use a teaspoon or ice cream scoop to spoon the batter into the oil.
- Flip when one side is golden brown. Remove from the oil when balls are completely golden brown. Place on paper towel to drain.