Watermelon and mango season is upon us! Actually, it has been upon us for a while and I'm all in, eating as much of this fruity goodness as I can. I can't resist picking up a watermelon and some mangoes when I go grocery shopping. And I also can't resist whipping up a large bowl of fruit salad. This Cameroonian fruit salad is basically the way I've been doing fruit salad from Adam.
Admittedly, sometimes I would have up to 6-7 different kinds of fruits and in my fruit salad including strawberries, grapes, honeydew melon, blueberries and basically any fruit I have at home. But I wanted to keep this recipe very basic and authentic so I used the five fruits I would use if I were in Cameroon: watermelon, mango, pineapple, apple and papaya/pawpaw (substituted here with cantaloupe).
It is sweet, fresh, fruity and so good! Check out the step-by-step pictorial of this recipe here.
Watch me whipping it up in this video on YouTube. Have you subscribed to my YouTube channel yet? Click here to subscribe so you do not miss any of my videos.
How to make fruit salad:
Cameroonian Fruit Salad (Video Recipe)
- 2 mangoes - large
- 1 pineapple
- ⅛ watermelon
- 1 papaya/pawpaw - small substitute with half a cantaloupe
- 2 apples I used golden delicious red apples
- ½ lemon
- Peel apples and dice into 1-inch cubes. Squeeze the lemon over the diced apples. Toss with a spoon to ensure that the lemon juice coats all of the apple.
- (Note that if you feel like the lemon juice has not gotten all over the apple you could add more. This step is important so the apples retain its bright color instead of turning brown.)
- Peel and dice all the remaining fruits into 1-inch pieces. ( If you are not used to peeling any of these fruits, please watch the video to see how I do them.)
- Put all the fruits into a large bowl and mix together to combine. Put in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes then serve.
If you make this recipe, please share a picture with me on Facebook.com/preciouscore or tag me on Instagram, @preciouscore. Enjoy friends!
Wowzahhhh!!! The colors got my mouth watering...all that juicyness!!! Fruit salad prep has never looked this easy!!! Going to make some 😉
Thank you darling! One of the reasons I love fruit salads is because of the colors. So enticing. Lol
And oh....can't imagine i forgot to write the one thing that actually got me writing in the first place - that fruit bowl presentation and photography!!! 10/10!!! I so love!!
See me blushing here like crazy. Thanks hun!
Chichi uguru says
How I love fruit salads. The colors are so inviting. 'Colors make me happy' in my Barney voice. 😊👍
Ngum Tatiana says
Lack words to describe how helpful u have been.And this fruit salad is just so lovely and outstanding.
So glad to hear that. my dear.
Williette Eche says
Waow the colours first got my attention, my mouth feels watery already am gonna try it too 😉😉
Hope you enjoy, dear.