Yes that’s the kind of garden I planted in front of my house. I had planned to garden this year. I pictured my front door blooming with flowers. I imagined neighbours passing by and admiring it, drooling and wondering how I did it. Then when spring came, it took me forever to purchase seeds and sow them. The picture you see above is that of when I just planted. I put already blossoming flowers which I purchased in one pot. Then the rest have seeds which were nursing at the time. I am too ashamed to show you a picture of how they look now but I will go ahead and tell you what is going on with them.
1. The former blossoming flowers are now withered and look totally unappealing
2. The seeds in one of the bigger flower pots germinated. Yay! BUT they are all green stalks that keep growing taller and taller like they plan on getting to the window of my house. When will the flowers start showing forth??? They look more like “elephant grass” right now.
3. The seeds in one pot refused to germinate. One stem is trying to shoot out to give me hope.
4. The seeds in another of the big pots germinated and I can see green leaves which are now turning yellow. No flowers yet.
5. The seeds in the silver pots are germinating gradually. I’ll have to transfer them to a bigger pot to grow.
Each time I pass and look at my “garden”, I feel so disapointed in myself. How can I fix this? I need to see flowers!
Here are some other things happening in my life:
Mr N and I officially started homeschooling the girls today. We planned on doing it at the beginning of the next academic year in September, but I read a blog by a homeschooling mom who said she home-schooled all year a previous year. I was like, why don’t we just start now? I am nervous about homeschooling but the girls totally loved day 1. Let’s see how it goes.
Today is celebrated at American independence Day. I spent a great part of the day at my niece-in-law’s. On our way back from there we watched beautiful fireworks.
Learning to use the camera
I’m still learning how to use my new camera
. I feel like I am taking a university course without paying tuition if you know what I mean. Using that camera is a whole world on it’s own. I can’t wait to fully understand it.
In church, we learnt about the one thing that can make a difference in your life. Our pastors said, application is everything! It is not enough to know the right thing. You have to apply what you know.
Here’s wishing you a beautiful week and a very blessed rest of the year!
Do you have any suggestions for my miserable garden? What’s up with you?
23 For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. 24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. James 1:23-24