Spaghetti (or superghetti...lol), how I love thee! I love that you give me endless options for quick delicious meals like spaghetti shrimp dinner or quick spaghetti in tomato sauce or even this spaghetti omelette that could pass for a frittata! Oh, how I love that I could have you for breakfast buried in an omelette!
You guys, pasta for breakfast? Count me IN! Especially when the pasta is cooked into a luscious omelette with fresh veggies, crispy on the outside, eggy on the side and just irresistible!
This spaghetti omelette is one of the reasons I love that I grew up in Cameroon! Cameroonians just know how to mix things together to make amazing food. Just imagine egg and spaghetti coming together for breakfast! And I tell you, they are a match made in culinary heaven!
Watch How to Make Spaghetti Omelette
- 1 ½ cups boiled spaghetti see Note 1
- 4 eggs
- ½ tomato - chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- ¼ green bell pepper - chopped
- 1 seasoning cube (Maggi) 4g cube
- 1 ½ tablespoons oil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 sprigs parsley - finely chopped
- Place tomato, onion, bell pepper, parsley, cracked eggs and white pepper in a bowl. Sprinkle seasoning cube (Maggi) on top. Beat with a fork to combine then add the spaghetti and mix well to combine.
- Heat oil in a skillet on high for 2 minutes then reduce the heat to low and pour the spaghetti and egg mixture into the skillet. Spread to ensure that it is evenly distributed in the skillet then let it cook on very low heat for about 8 minutes until the egg sets. Flip to the other side and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve warm!
*This recipe was first published on March 31st, 2016.
Pin this recipe:
Never stop improving on yourself. Learn all you can and grow all you can. As long as you have your breath, keep growing.
Angele marie says
I used to hear people saying the shortest way to a man's heart is through his stomach. I can testify how this breakfast combo got me where I am today. Wink. Na true confession oh. Precious thank you for bringing back some fond memories. I love u for this.
Precious Nkeih says
Hahahaha come and finish that testimony. Hah! The power of food! I love you too dear.
Ashabi Dollar says
Precious!!! You are too smart! Love you B!
Queen franka says
Precious,I think we need a group were we can paste our try out too cos I can't make to do better than u😄😃😉
Great idea, Queen! I've been thinking of this. I'll create a group on Facebook.
Nchang Sonita says
As usual, top-notch.
Thanks for this. A great dish that is a nice change from the ordinary. Instead of the Maggi cube I used 1.5 tsp of soya sauce and 1.5 tsp of worcestershire sauce. I might go with 2 of each next time. My wife and 3 year old loved it too. Wife wants cheese in it next time 🙂
Cheese in it is such a great idea! Thanks for the feedback! I am glad you loved it.
great and simple recipe - thanks!
You're so welcome, V!