SPINACH RED CABBAGE SALAD
Published Feb 02, 2017
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Welcome to February, the month of love. In the spirit of ♥ I made this super simple spinach red cabbage salad with grape tomato hearts. Aren’t they pretty? The other night, we had lots of fresh baby spinach at home so I couldn’t resist making a quick salad. I chopped some purple cabbage, shredded some carrots and added to the spinach. It was so fresh, crunchy and delicious. Too good to not share!
Perhaps what I love most about this salad is the honey lemon dressing. It is sweet, slightly tangy and pairs well with the crispy vegetables. AND it is totally healthy!
To make the dressing, you need freshly squeezed lemon juice, honey, extra virgin olive oil, salt and some ground black pepper.
Mix them all together. You can put them in a bottle and shake if you like. And viola, you have a delicious guilt-free salad dressing.
Here are the ingredients for the salad.
To make the bowl of deliciousness, all you have to do is chop, shred and arrange in a bowl and weep for joy.
With the tomatoes shaped as hearts, this is basically romance in a bowl. Healthy romance in a bowl! Check out the full recipe below for a link to the tutorial I followed on how to create tomato hearts.
Drizzle your dressing on top right before serving and enjoy!
Spinach Red Cabbage Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing
- 2 cups baby spinach - loosely packed
- 1/4 small red cabbage - chopped
- 1 handful of grape tomatoes
- 2 small cucumbers (or 1 medium)
- 2 medium carrots - shredded
For the Honey Lemon Dressing
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- For the dressing, mix together the honey, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and set aside.
- Arrange spinach, red cabbage, cucumbers and carrots in a bowl. Top with chopped grape tomatoes. Create hearts with the tomatoes if you wish. Check out the tutorial for creating tomato hearts here.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss right before serving.
If you try this recipe, please tag me in a photo on Instagram @preciouscore. I’ll love to see!