This Baked Turkey Breast is marinated with garlic and fresh herbs. It is extremely flavorful and a great substitute for a whole turkey! This is a great choice for those who love white meat. If you want dark meat too, make some baked turkey wings and serve alongside the turkey breast.
How is it November already? The year is running by so fast! I am so pumped to share with you guys the recipes I have planned for the rest of the year.
This Baked Turkey Breast is one of them. Because you know, not everyone is keen on roasting a whole turkey for thanksgiving. The solution: just roast a part of the turkey instead like turkey breasts, turkey thighs or turkey wings.
This baked turkey breast is perfect for feeding a small family or a small group of people. It makes 8 servings. The leftovers are great for making sandwiches, salads or pasta (as a substitute for chicken).
How To Bake A Turkey Breast
1. Thaw the turkey breast. Leave the turkey breast in its packaging. Place it in a bowl and thaw in the fridge for one to three days. Once the breast is fully thawed, pat dry with paper towels.
2. Season the turkey breast. Mix together butter, minced garlic, salt, white pepper, chicken bouillon powder, chopped rosemary, thyme, and parsley then rub all over the turkey breast.
3. Marinate the turkey breast. If you have enough time, cover the turkey breast and let it marinate in the fridge for 2 hours or up to overnight.
4. Bake the turkey breast. Place the turkey breast in a 425-degree Fahrenheit oven and bake for one hour. The thickest part of the breast should be an internal temperature of 165 degrees F when tested with a meat thermometer.
5. Rest the turkey breast. It is important to let the turkey breast rest for 20 minutes so the juices can redistribute then you slice and serve.
6. Carve the turkey. First, carefully run your knife under the breast to separate it from the bone then you carve the breast.
How Long To Bake Turkey Breast
For a 6-7 pound bone-in double turkey breast, bake at 425 degrees for 60 minutes (1 hour) until a thermometer inserted into the deepest part of the meat reads 165 degrees F.
You may also slow roast your turkey at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1hr 30 minutes. A good rule to follow here is roast 1 pound of turkey for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Best Baked Turkey Breast Recipe
This is the best baked turkey breast recipe. It is full of flavor. The fresh herbs, garlic, and white pepper make the turkey breast taste really good! Also, the leftovers are great for adding to all sorts of meals.
This is one of those recipes that is good to make whether celebrating Thanksgiving or not. Some pre-cooked insanely flavorful turkey breast will help you make easy lunches or dinner.
Here are some other turkey/chicken recipes you might love:
This recipe calls for bone-in double turkey breast. For a one half turkey breast that is about 3-4 pounds, half all the ingredients in the recipe.
- 6-7 pound bone-in double turkey breasts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 10 sprigs parsley chopped
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme leaves removed from stem and chopped
- 4 sprigs rosemary removed from stem and chopped
- 8 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper sub with black pepper
Thaw the turkey breast in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours or for 1-3 days.
Pat the turkey breast dry with paper towels.
In a bowl, mix together the melted butter, salt, white pepper, chicken bouillon powder with minced garlic, chopped parsley, thyme, and rosemary. Rub the seasoning all over the turkey breast being sure to reach every nook and cranny.
Place the breast in an 11 by 13-inch baking dish with raised sides or any fitting baking dish or roasting pan with raised sides. Cover and marinate for up to overnight or bake immediately.
Set oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Put in the turkey breast and bake for 1 hour. Halfway through cooking, rotate the pan for even cooking then baste the breast. If the turkey breast starts browning too quickly, loosely cover the top with aluminum foil.
Let the turkey rest for about 15-20 minutes before carving.
Adjust the seasonings depending on the size of your turkey breast. If you use a boneless half turkey breast that is around 3-4 pounds, reduce every ingredient by half. If your turkey breast is significantly larger than 7 pounds, increase the salt as needed.