CITRUS SALAD WITH AVOCADO
Published Dec 18, 2018
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Whiskware™. All opinions are 100% my own.
I have taken my love for avocados further in this Citrus Salad with Avocado. This salad celebrates the wonders of citrus fruits. It is light, refreshing, fruity and just so good! I added avocado because it provides something cool to pair with the citrus fruits and it also brings some creaminess due to its wonderfully creamy texture. Also, avocados are LIFE!
With all the citrus fruits at the grocery store in this season, I just couldn’t resist making a Citrus Salad. I love eating fruits when they are in season. That’s because they are fresh, and taste much better than when they aren’t in season.
So I set out to get a mixture of citrus fruits – grapefruit, oranges, tangerines, and pomelo. Now, if you are not familiar with pomelo, it is is the largest citrus fruit, larger than grapefruit. It is also referred to as Chinese grapefruit. I only got some because I stumbled on it in my local grocery store but be sure to substitute with more grapefruit if you can’t find it.
As if the combination of citrus fruits isn’t enough, I made a Honey Citrus Dressing to go with the salad and let me tell you, this dressing is LIFE. It’s a 3-ingredient dressing with freshly squeezed lemon juice, lime juice, and honey.
I placed all the ingredients into my Whiskware Dressing Shaker and shook until they became one and indivisible. This golden-looking dressing is everything and I want to pour it over every fruit salad I make!
I really love the Whiskware Dressing Shaker because it makes making salad dressing a breeze. Whether you are making creamy salad dressings or light vinaigrettes, just combine all the ingredients in the bottle and give them a good shake. It also has a nice opening for pouring or drizzling the dressing over the salad.
Citrus Salad Ingredients
1. Oranges. It’s not a citrus salad if there’s not some form of orange. My orange of choice here is navel oranges because I love how sweet they are. You could also use blood oranges for more color in the salad. Maybe you could use one navel orange and one blood orange.
2. Tangerines. I love using honey tangerines because they are super sweet! It is hard to go through making the salad without munching on some.
3. Grapefruit. I love the red variety of grapefruit in my salad because it is more vibrant.
4. Pomelo: Only use this if you can find it. If you can’t find it, use more grapefruit in its place.
5. Avocado: The avocado really helps balance out the textures since it is creamy but you could definitely leave it out if you do not want any avocado in your Citrus Salad.
6. Mint Leaves: Adding some mint leaves yields a light refreshing minty flavor to your Citrus Salad. So good!
Serve this salad while entertaining as an appetizer. It really refreshes the taste palate and arouses the appetite for the main meal. Hope you enjoy this Citrus Salad with Avocado!
Check out the Whiskware Dressing Shaker so making salad dressings can become a breeze!
Citrus Salad with Avocado
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 honey tangerines
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 pomelo substitute with more grapefruit
- 1 large avocado substitute with 2 small avocados
- 2 sprigs mint
Honey Citrus Dressing
- Juice of one lime
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup honey
Make the honey citrus dressing
- Place lime and lemon juice into the Whiskware Dressing Shaker. Shake everything well to combine.
Make the Citrus Salad with Avocado
- Peel the fruits for the citrus salad being careful to take off all of the white parts.
- Cut all the fruits into circles, remove the seeds then cut into wedges.
- Arrange fruits on a platter. Peel and slice avocado into about 1-inch slices and add to sliced fruits.
- Finely chop the mint and sprinkle over the fruits. Drizzle dressing on top then toss to combine and serve.
Pin this recipe: