We di chop, we di chop
We di born, we di born...
That's what was sung at a "born house" I attended last two weeks. Born House is a Cameroonian celebration done to welcome a new baby. At such events the signature dish Born House Planti, which is plantain heavy laden with red oil and bitterleaf is served. It was interesting to see the same tradition being re-enacted though we are many miles away from home.
2. Mom survival tactics are on as I try to spoonfeed my toodler with warm cereal so she can have a full tummy and sleep well. Ha
3. I am so looking forward to Friday night because I will be going for a moms' night out event with other Christian ladies. A comedian has been charged with the task of making us laugh till our ribs can't take it anymore.
4. How do you call this? You start typing a Facebook comment. A little voice comes to say, "Mummy I'm hungry" You make provision for food. You get back to typing the comment. A little human climbs on you and prevents you from typing properly. You put the human down. As you keep typing, your baby with a big voice comes home. So typing takes a break and you go on to chat, serve food and chat some more. Then you try to concentrate and type this Facebook comment because it contains important information that would help someone. Then a little human comes to say, "mummy I'm bored". As you keep trying to put together the now three paragraph-long comment, you touch places on your phone and the comment disappears. Temptation.
5. I have missed the farmer's market for many weeks now and I'm wondering if they are still on. The vegetables from that market look so authentic. Love them.
6. Has anyone watched the movie, God's Compass? Mr N watched it and said it appeared like a sequel to the movie, "War Room". Some of the main characters in War Room act in the movie.
7. The work on my blog these past days can be described with these three words: blood, sweat and tears. I have learned A LOT. If I can do this, then I can do anything. To have a strong building that stands the test of time, you have to build a firm foundation. Building that foundation is never easy. You have to dig deep and arrange rocks. Ahh! Thank God for strength.
8. I'm thinking of how the message of Christ's imminent return is so rare these days. When I remember that Jesus is coming soon, it spurs me to sit up and to make opportunity of every time because the days are evil and the time is short. I pray you do same, my friend. Always remember that this life is just a phase. Live for the things that are eternal.
9. Prayers for the people in Haiti. May God uphold them through it all. Scripture says He is close to the brokenhearted. May all the stranded people find comfort and warmth.
10. Prayers for you reading this. May you wake up everyday and find reasons to live in all fullness of life as the Lord wants you to. Life is sweet when God is in it.
Have a great week, my friends!