3 Ingredient Biscuits are made with flour, butter and Sprite! They are so fluffy, ridiculously easy to make and make the perfect breakfast!
I get super excited when sharing a quick and easy recipe with you guys. Like these 3 ingredient biscuits. Yes, just 3 ingredients! Who says making insanely delicious food has to be hard?!
I make biscuits all the time in various ways. I can’t believe there’s no biscuit recipe on the blog yet! Making them from scratch is super easy!
I was going to start by showing you guys my super flaky super moist buttermilk biscuits but those will come on another day.
Today is all about how to make easy biscuits with only 3 ingredients. These are few ingredient biscuits and they are to die for!
Ingredients for 3 Ingredient Biscuits
1. Self-Rising Flour. Self rising flour is flour that already contains baking powder and a bit of salt. (See below for instructions on how to use regular flour is you do not have self-rising flour.)
2. Salted Butter. Butter gives biscuits great flavor!
3. Lemon-lime Soda. Sprite or 7up might be an unusual ingredient but they provide much needed moisture to biscuit dough. The gas that forms bubbles in the drink acts like a leavening agent, causing the biscuits to rise.
How To Make Biscuits With 3 Ingredients
1. Grate cold butter into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add in flour.
3. Mix together butter and flour using finger tips until the butter is evenly distributed across the flour.
4. Add Sprite or 7 Up to the butter flour mixture and mix to form a dough.
5. Place the dough on a generously floured board and roll into 3/4 inch thick.
6. Cut dough into rounds using the tip of a glass, cup or a 2.5-inch biscuit cutter. Here is the biscuit cutter I use.
7. Place the cut out dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake until golden brown.
3 Ingredient Biscuits Without Milk
These are 3 ingredient biscuits without milk. No milk or buttermilk is needed for this recipe.
I came up with this recipe because I wanted to make biscuits for breakfast but there wasn’t any milk at home. But there was Sprite! So I used the Sprite instead.
The biscuits turned out quite good! My daughter even said they were her favorite biscuits!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Below, I have answered some of your frequently asked questions about these 3 Ingredient Biscuits.
How Much Baking Powder And Salt Should I Add If I Only Have Regular Flour?
If you only have regular flour, you could still make these biscuits! You’ll have to add the baking powder and salt yourself. For every 1 cup of all-purpose or plain flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt to make your own self rising flour.
This recipe calls for 3 cups of flour so you will need to add 4 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 3/4 teaspoon of salt in addition to the 3 cups of flour.
Are biscuits made with sprite too sweet?
No, biscuits made with Sprite aren’t too sweet at all! They are only slightly sweet and perfect for serving in both sweet and savory ways.
What To Serve With Biscuits?
2. Butter. Biscuits served warm with butter slathered on top are so good!
3. Whipped Cream. Consider pairing jam with whipped cream on biscuits for an incredible experience.
4. Ham and Cheese. Fill biscuits with ham and cheese to make breakfast sandwiches.
5. Gravy. Biscuits and gravy are a great savory meal.
Tools For Making Homemade Biscuits:
Side note: I don’t understand people who throw away dough just because it doesn’t form a biscuit the same size as others. I always attach whatever dough is left after cutting the biscuits to the side of my batch of ‘neat’ biscuits. That way I don’t waste anything and I have a cook’s treat!
If you make this 3 Ingredient Biscuit recipe, please rate it below. I would love to hear how it turns out for you!
Only 3 ingredients and you have tasty biscuits. These 3 ingredient biscuits are sure to please for breakfast, brunch, potlucks, picnics or holiday meals. They can be served sweet with jam and whipped cream or savory with gravy or as a side dish. They are so easy to make and I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 8 tablespoons salted butter (110 grams) cold
- 3 cups self-rising flour (375 grams) See recipe notes on how to use regular flour if that's what you have
- 3/4 cup Sprite or 7 Up (180 ml)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Grate cold butter into a large mixing bowl.
Add in self-rising flour and gently mix the butter and flour with finger tips until combined. Do not overmix.
Add in the Sprite or 7UP and mix to form a dough. Stop mixing once all ingredients are combined.
Sprinkle four over a working surface. Place the dough on the surface and gently roll into a 3/4 inch thick rectangle. Cut into 2.5 inch circles.
Place the cut-out dough close together (all portions should be touching) on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes until golden brown.
Remove and brush the top with melted butter if desired.
- If your biscuits don’t turn out brown on top, you could turn on the oven broiler for 1 minute to brown the top. Watch the biscuits closely though because the oven-broiler could quickly burn them.
- If you only have regular flour, you could still make these biscuits! You’ll have to add the baking powder and salt yourself. For every 1 cup of all-purpose or plain flour, add 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt to make your own self rising flour.
- Nutritional value is an estimate and is per biscuit.
This post contains affiliate links.