Beef Fried Rice
Published Jan 01, 2020
Updated May 30, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Beef Fried Rice all happens in one-pot! It is unlike any fried rice recipe you have seen before.
When you make a recipe that your whole family adores then you know it one for the blog. Even my kiddos who hate veggies in their rice gobbled this down and went for seconds (and thirds).
I am excited to share my Beef Fried Recipe with you guys. It is unlike any fried rice recipe you have seen before.
This beef fried rice is all made in one-pot. I don’t know about you but I get so excited when I don’t have to dirty more than one pot in my kitchen. Ah.
Also, check out this Steak Fried Rice which is more of a stir fry.
Ingredients for Beef Fried Rice
Here are the ingredients you need for a very simple uncomplicated Beef Fried Rice:
- Beef. Use chuck roast if you can. It has a good percentage of fat which yields great flavor when you brown the beef.
- Rice. Basmati rice works well here. You need rice that can withstand all the frying and steaming without falling apart. Basmati is that rice. You need raw rice for this fried rice recipe. Not cooked rice.
- Ginger and garlic. This duo yields an insanely good flavor.
- White pepper. For seasoning the beef. Sub with black pepper.
- Oil. For browning the beef, sauteeing the onion and frying the rice.
- Curry powder. For flavor and for the light yellow color it gives the rice.
- Seasoning cubes. Use Maggi seasoning cubes or beef bouillon cubes.
- Carrot and green beans. These veggies go well with the rice, bring some freshness and make the meal colorful.
- Onion. For great flavor.
- Salt. Of course.
How To Make Beef Fried Rice
Season 1-inch slices of beef with ground garlic and ginger, white pepper and salt. Heat 1 tablespoons of oil in a pot and brown the beef on both sides.
Add more oil to the pot in which the beef was browned then saute some chopped onion. Add washed rice to the onion and stir.
Fry the rice stirring continuously until the rice shrinks. About 5 minutes.
To the rice, add curry powder, blended garlic, and ginger, water, the browned beef, salt and seasoning cubes (or beef bouillon cubes).
Cover the pot tightly and let the rice cook until done. Add diced carrots and green beans to the rice. Cover and let it rest for about 5 minutes then fluff the rice.
Serve the fried rice warm! This is hands down the best Beef Fried Rice ever!
Frying the raw rice in oil at the beginning causes the rice to take on a nutty, toasty flavor. It is to die for!
This is the Beef Fried Rice recipe to make on weekdays and on special days. Double, triple or quadruple this recipe and make it for a party.
It is so festive with smokey beef, nutty rice, and crisp veggies. Your guests will be going for seconds and thirds.
Watch How to Make Beef Fried Rice
Watch how I make Beef Fried Rice on my YouTube cooking channel, Precious Kitchen. Subscribe to my channel and click on the notification bell so you do not miss any of my videos.
More Rice Recipes You Might Love
Beef Fried Rice
- 5 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 inch ginger root (peeled)
- 1 pound beef (about half kg) cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon corn or vegetable oil for browning beef
- 1/4 cup corn or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups raw basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 cups water (1 liter)
- 2 seasoning cubes also called Maggi. Substitute with two beef bouillon cubes.
- 1 large carrot diced
- 10 green beans diced
- Blend the garlic and ginger into a paste. (You could crush them in a mortar if you have one or you could blend them. You'll need to add a little water to help the blender blend them into a paste.)
- Add one teaspoon of the blended garlic and ginger on the beef. Sprinkle the white pepper over the beef. Sprinkle one quarter teaspoon of salt over the beef. Mix well so the seasoning goes all over the beef.
- Place a pot (preferably a non-stick pot) on high heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot. Swirl to ensure the oil coats the bottom of the pot. Add half of the beef to the pot in a single layer. Let the beef cook on one side for about 5 minutes or until browned then flip to the other side and let it cook for another 4 minutes or until browned. Remove the beef from the pot then add the remaining beef and equally brown.
- Add the remaining oil to the pot. Let it heat up (still on high heat) for about 2 minutes. Add the onions and saute while stirring for 2 minutes.
- Wash the rice and strain well. I use a fine-mesh sieve so it easy to just run water over the rice.
- Add the rice to the pot and stir. Let it cook for 5 minutes while stirring continuously so it doesn't burn and the rice fries easily.
- Add the 1 teaspoon of curry powder to the rice and stir. Add the remaining blended garlic and ginger paste to the rice and stir for about a minute.
- Add four cups of water, the salt and seasoning cubes to the rice. Stir to combine. Add the browned beef.
- Cut out a large sheet of aluminium foil. Place the lid of the pot over the foil then fold the foil over the ends of the lid. Watch the video to see how I do this.
- Place the lid of the pot over the pot and press to ensure the pot is tightly closed.
- Turn down the heat to low and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, open the pot and add the diced carrots and green beans over the rice. Spread to ensure the vegetables are even over the rice. Close the pot then turn off the heat. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice to ensure it combines well with the vegetables. Serve warm.