While my mates are 'keto-ing', I am busy eating every carb under the sun. Ha. But once in a while, I like to go the low carb way. And these breakfast egg muffins are perfectly low carb, filled with veggies and so tasty.
To make them, all you need are some eggs and chopped veggies of choice. I use tomatoes, onions, green onions, bell peppers, and parsley. You can even throw in some sausage or cheese if you like. This is one of those cooking situations where you can unleash your creativity. Throw in what you like.
Then you mix all your ingredients and pour evenly into greased muffin pans. Bake to perfection.
And enjoy your life.
There is nothing better in the morning than these muffins. They require simple ingredients, they are healthy and they are insanely delicious. They are also a great make-ahead breakfast which means you could make them and store in the fridge for a quick grab-and-go on busy mornings.
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 6 large eggs
- 1-2 cups chopped vegetables I used tomatoes, onions, green onions, bell peppers and parsley
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 small seasoning cube Maggi
- To make some delicious egg muffins, crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add in salt, Maggi and vegetables. Mix everything together until well incorporated.
- Spray a 6 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. If you do not have cooking spray, simply rub vegetable oil or butter all around the pan.
- Pour your mixture evenly into the ban and bake in a 350 degrees F(175 degrees C) oven for 10-15 minutes. To check if it is ready, insert a toothpick into the middle of a muffin. If it comes out clean then it is ready.
- Enjoy warm!