Happy New Year, my people! We are starting the new year with this light and crunchy Cabbage Salad. If eating healthy is one of your goals for the new year, then this is a salad to help you with that!
This cabbage salad works great as a side dish or you can enjoy it on its own.
It is super crunchy with a tang from the dressing and a nice kick from the black pepper. It is so refreshing and great for the waistline!
One thing I love about this salad is you can enjoy it any time of the year as long as you have cabbage available. Also, you can add other ingredients to your taste. Ingredients like carrots or avocado will be great in this Cabbage Salad.
I also love this cabbage salad because of how simple it is. Just 3 ingredients plus the dressing and you have a healthy salad to munch!
This salad will keep for 2 days covered tightly in the fridge. Once you make it, refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving so the flavors can meld.
Hope you enjoy this Cabbage Salad recipe, friends!
More healthy recipes to kickstart the new year:
- HEALTHY BANANA OAT MUFFINS
- GRILLED SALMON AND VEGGIES
- 3 HEALTHY JUICE RECIPES
- MUSHROOM FRIED RICE
- HEALTHY BAKED PLANTAIN FRIES
How to Make Cabbage Salad
1. Shred some cabbage by chopping it or shredding using a mandoline slicer.
2. Place cabbage in a bowl. Chop cucumber thinly and some green onions (substitute with red onions) then place in a bowl.
3. Make the dressing. Mix together apple cider vinegar (or other vinegar), extra virgin olive oil with salt and black pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the chopped vegetables then toss to combine.
Easy light healthy cabbage salad that you can whip up in no time! Great for detox and/or for serving as a side dish.
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (loosely packed)
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 stems green onions substitute with two tablespoons chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or another kind of vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
Peel and thinly slice the cucumber and place in a bowl. Chop the green onions and add to the bowl. Add the cabbage then drizzle the dressing on top. Toss to combine and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. When ready to serve, taste to ensure seasoning is okay then adjust if needed before serving.
1. This cabbage salad will keep well for 2 days in the fridge.
2. Instead of a regular cucumber, you could use an English cucumber. No need to peel if you choose to use an English cucumber.
Recipe adapted from Olga in the Kitchen's Slavic cabbage salad.