BAKED CHICKEN AND RICE CASSEROLE + GIVEAWAY!
Published Nov 06, 2017
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This baked chicken and rice casserole is made in one pan with very few ingredients. An easy cheesy dinner the whole family will love! Scroll down to the end of the post for a GIVEAWAY from Crystal Farms®.
I have a little cheese-y story to tell ya. I never used to like cheese. I mean the cheese in the Western world that comes in blocks, shreds, slices or other forms. They meant nothing to me because growing up in an African home, we never made meals with cheese.
The only cheese I knew was Swiss cheese spread which I slathered on my bread and enjoyed. That’s all I knew about cheese.
But in America…
I came across tons and tons of cheese which I conveniently ignored. But because I am always experimenting in the kitchen, I started experimenting with cheese. And. Oh. My. God! I almost beat myself for not cooking with cheese in my pre-cheese-ignoring life. Here are some of the cheesy recipes I make in my home which I have equally shared on the blog:
- Easy homemade pizza
- One-hour homemade pizza
- Easy mushroom pizza
- Sliced bread pizza (yes, lots of pizza!)
- Homemade macaroni and cheese
And now, this Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole which is cheesy, easy-to-make, tasty and to die for!
When you make a meal and your 6 year old exclaims, “make this for my birthday!” then you know you have a WINNING DISH!
All you have to do is place some rice, chicken, onion, bell pepper, garlic powder, white pepper, salt and butter in a baking dish.
Then you pour in some water, cover with aluminium foil and bake till done.
Add the cheese which is like the icing on the cake then bake uncovered for a few more minutes.
Rice-y, chicken-y, cheese-y goodness the whole family will love!
I used Crystal Farms Block Cheese (Mild Cheddar) in this recipe. Crystal Farms® is committed to providing the highest quality products made with few preservatives. You can find Crystal Farms® cheese in the refrigerated dairy section of your grocery store.
Go get the ingredients and make this easy weeknight chicken and rice recipe. Enjoy!
Baked Chicken and Rice Casserole
- 2 cups rice - I used parboiled rice
- 2 chicken breasts - cut into 1-inch pieces boneless and skinless
- 1/2 bell pepper - chopped
- 1/2 medium onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 oz block cheddar cheese by Crystal Cheese Farms®
- Parsley for garnish (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Rub a casserole pan with butter then preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In the casserole pan, put in the rice, chicken, garlic powder, white pepper, black pepper, chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, salt and water. Top with the remaining butter (cut into little pieces).
- Cover with aluminium foil and put in the oven uncovered to cook for one hour.
- Remove and top with the cheese. Then place back in the oven to cook for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley if you like and serve warm!
Pin this recipe:
Follow these steps to enter the giveaway:
- Visit the Crystal Farms® Cheese page and take a look at all the amazing cheese products. CLICK HERE to visit the page.
- Come back here and leave a comment under this post, telling me what cheese you will choose and which recipe you will make with the cheese.
That’s all you need to do. One lucky winner will be chosen to receive 3 Crystal Farms coupons mailed to them by the Crystal Farms team! The winner will be notified by email. The giveaway ends on November 26.