Dear readers of Precious Core,
I hope all is well with you in this season of your life. I am really feeling thankful because I celebrate three years of blogging today! Whoop! On the 13th of February 2014, I published my first blog post.
At the time, I was only about 4 months old in the United States. I had two kids under 4 and a new environment to deal with. Somehow in the midst of it all, I created this blog.
I began publishing posts but I was very irregular. I completely stopped blogging at some point when I was pregnant with my last baby. I only picked up blogging again, months after I birthed my sweet little one. That was in May 2015. Since then I have consistently written my heart out in this space that I share with you.
This blog has been a wonderful therapy for me. It took me from being an overwhelmed stay-at-home mom to being a very fulfilled stay-at-home mom. It gave me sanity. It is because of this blog that I am able to homeschool my kids. Because of this blog, I know I will die empty. The books in me must be written, the videos must be made, the talks must be given. Each day here takes me closer to fulfilling destiny. What a sweet feeling!
But you know what? It won't be all that if I didn't have YOU. I am so grateful for you. Specifically for:
- Engaging on this blog from day 1, reading and offering me feedback
- Sending me emails, Facebook messages, post requests, constructive criticism/corrections or messages just to say hi
- My blogger friends who have been a huge encouragement to me, always checking my blog and inspiring me with their support and comments
- Commenting on the blog. Because your comments make this space lively, interactive and I have learned so much from them!
- Sharing about this blog with your friends and family
- Following me on social media and liking/sharing/commenting on my posts
All of these have been wonderfully motivating to me. Thank you so much!
Here are the blog stats so far...
Facebook: 7,029 fans
YouTube: 1415 subscribers
Email subscribers: 1, 618
Instagram: 660 followers
Twitter: 121 followers
This is all you! Thank you so much for letting me share the ink from my pen and the steam from my pot with you.
As I continue on this awesome blogging journey, I would like to make a few changes. Here they are:
- No more, "Here's What's Up". This weekly Monday slot that mostly recounted my previous week or just random happy thoughts was fun while it lasted. I have written it for over a year! I would like to switch things up a little bit and keep Monday mornings for a "pen-speaking" post. Now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't gist you if there's something up. I definitely will write that in my diary but it won't necessarily be on Monday morning.
- Fridays are for videos. Before now, I chose to upload a new video and publish the complimenting recipe post on Saturday mornings but it has been tough keeping up with that. I'll like to move that to Friday instead so I get that done before it's Saturday.
That's it for the changes!
Now the Giveaway!
I sincerely wish I could give something to every one of you to show how grateful I am. On the last giveaway, I really wanted every person who entered to get $50 but I'm not that rich O woman. As the ministry grows I will give more because share I must.
Today I am giving away $50 to a reader in any part of the world. To enter, leave a comment below telling us why you visit this blog. The winner will be randomly chosen and announced next Monday.
Let's get commenting!