Oh so flavorful! This Herb Roasted Turkey will leave you and the people you serve it LOVING turkey. It is loaded with flavor from herbs and minced garlic. Perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter or for dinner any time of the year!
Ingredients for Herb Roasted Turkey
For Herb Roasted Turkey you need the following ingredients:
- Herbs: Rosemary, Thyme, Sage and Parsley
- Bouillon Powder (Stock Powder)
- Black Pepper
How To Make Herb Roasted Turkey
1. Completely thaw a turkey and bring it to room temperature. It is important for the turkey to be at room temperature so the butter can easily stick on it.
2. In a bowl mix together room temperature or softened butter, minced garlic, herbs, bouillon powder, salt and pepper.
3. Rub the garlic herb butter underneath the turkey skin and all over the turkey. Stuff the cavity of the turkey with more herbs.
4. Tuck the turkey wings underneath the bird's back.
5. Tie the legs of the bird with twine.
6. Transfer the bird to a roasting pan.
7. Roast until the turkey registers an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit.
8. Let turkey rest for 20 minutes before serving.
How To Tell If Turkey is Done
When turkey is done, the juices in the meat will run clear. Cut a slit on a turkey breast. If the juices run clear then the turkey is done.
Also check if turkey is done by inserting a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey. It is registers 165° Fahrenheit (About 70 ° Celsius) then the turkey is done.
How To Carve a Turkey
After roasting a turkey, let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes before carving. To carve a turkey you need a sharp knife and a secure cutting board. To secure a cutting board place paper towel or a kitchen towel under it so it stays in place. Here is how to carve a turkey:
1. Start by cutting out the legs and thighs from both sides.
2. Move on to the wings and cut them where the wings join the body. Separate the wings at the joints.
3. Then cut the turkey breasts cutting the meat away from the bone but as close to the bone as possible.
4. Slice the breasts.
5. Separate the thigh from the drumstick.
6. Slice the thigh into nice slices if desired or leave them as is.
7. Arrange everything on a platter and garnish with herbs like rosemary, thyme or parsley.
What To Serve With Herb Roasted Turkey (Best Sides)
- Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
- Sautéed Vegetables
- Glazed Carrots
- Baked Mac and Cheese
- Roasted Vegetables
Check Out More Turkey Recipes:
Check Out These Roasted Chicken Recipes:
Important Tools for Making Roast Turkey (affiliate)
Herb Roasted Turkey
- 8-9 pound turkey (3-4 kg) thawed and at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 16 Tablespoons unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon thyme fresh, plucked from stems
- 2 Tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ lemon
- 1 handful sprigs of herbs, for stuffing turkey cavity I used 2 springs rosemary, 4 sprigs thyme, 1 sprig sage
- Preheat oven to 450° Fahrenheit (230° Celsius).
- Squeeze lemon juice over room temperature turkey. Let it rest while you prepare other ingredients.
- Make garlic herb butter. In a bowl combine the butter, minced garlic, rosemary, thyme, parsley, sage, chicken bouillon powder, salt and black pepper.
- Rub the garlic herb butter underneath the turkey wings and all over the turkey. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the garlic herb butter.
- Tuck the turkey wings under the body of the bird.
- Tie the turkey together using kitchen twine.
- Stuff the turkey with the handful of herbs.
- Transfer the turkey to roasting pan.
- Roast at 450° Fahrenheit (230° Celsius) for 30 minutes. Remove the bird from the oven and carefully brush the reserved 2 tablespoons of garlic herb butter all over the turkey.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350° Fahrenheit (180° Celsius). Place the turkey back into the oven and let it cook for one hour. A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the turkey should read 165° Fahrenheit or 70° Celsius.
This post contains affiliate links.