These Baked Chicken Leg Quarters are crispy on the outside, succulent on the inside and perfect for days when you just want a dinner that is so easy but so fancy.
Happy month of April, friends! How was April Fool's Day? Were you pranked or did you prank someone? I had an amazing long weekend. My niece and her husband visited us from Friday to Tuesday. Reason why I didn't post on Monday. I was soaking up all the family time we could have. We visited Universal Studios in Hollywood over the weekend and it was such a great experience. I will make a separate post (plus video!) to recount that experience.
But for today let's talk about these Baked Chicken Leg Quarters which I think you must absolutely make! Why must you make them? They are easy to throw together! Just rub some spices on chicken and throw into the oven!
Also, they taste so good! No bland boring chicken here! They are garlicky, herby, spicy, so so scrumptious! Serve these Baked Chicken Leg Quarters with some rice or couscous on the side. Do you see the liquid that oozes out of the chicken as it bakes? Spoon that liquid gold all over the rice or couscous.
This chicken will also be great with my oven baked Jollof Rice. You could also serve it with some salad on the side, shred the chicken and serve in wraps or serve with some Mango Salsa. I hope this gives you enough ideas as to how to serve this Baked Chicken Leg Quarters.
Let me tell you: the spice-herb blend that goes on this chicken is the most delicious quick marinade for your chicken. You can't go wrong with powdered garlic, ginger, dry rosemary, basil, parsley and some pepper flakes for heat! Also, I use chicken bouillon powder to season the chicken as it amplifies the flavor of the chicken. You can replace the chicken bouillon powder with chicken stock cubes.
Now there is something you must absolutely do if you want to be a rockstar in the kitchen. Keep a collection of dried spices at home! It will make your cooking life 10 times easier! With dried spices, you could just make a simple marinade, rub over chicken and fish and put in the oven. And voila, you have something epic for dinner!
Mixing the marinade with oil makes the chicken skin extra crispy plus this is still way better than the amount of oil you get from frying. With baking, the chicken releases its fat which you can discard.
These Baked Chicken Leg Quarters are crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside and tasty to the bone. The awesome seasoning blend makes the chicken skin taste so good, garlicky, herby like something you will get at a fancy restaurant. Make some, friends!
Baked Chicken Leg Quarters
- 4 large chicken leg quarters (4 pounds or 2kg)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder sub with two chicken stock cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons corn oil or other type of oil
- Rub oil on a large baking pan or cookie sheet or line the tray with aluminum foil first then rub oil on the foil. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C).
- Rinse chicken then pat dry with paper towel.
- In a bowl mix together all the other ingredients to form the marinade.
- Rub the marinade all over the pieces of chicken. Place on prepared pan.
- Put the pan in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes then rotate the pan and bake for another 10 minutes.