These Jerk Chicken Wings can be made in the oven or on your outdoor grill. Every bite is so flavorful, thanks to the easy homemade jerk marinade used. The perfect grilled chicken recipe to make when you want to impress!
I have made my Epic Grilled Chicken Wings so many times that I wondered if I will ever grill my chicken wings any other way. But these Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings have equally stolen my heart.
The chicken is tender, juicy with amazing flavor. And the best part? It can be completely made in your oven! And you can grill the chicken outside too if you like.
How to Make Jerk Chicken Wings
1. Combine all the ingredients in a Ziploc bag. You only need 4 ingredients: jerk marinade, chicken wings, chicken bouillon powder and thyme.
2. Massage the wings together with the ingredients so the marinade coats all the chicken.
3. Let the chicken marinade for 30 minutes, a few hours or overnight or grill immediately. It still tastes incredible if you grill the chicken wings immediately in the oven. However, if you choose to grill outside on the grill, be sure to let the chicken marinade so the seasoning doesn't just fall off the chicken once you place it on the grill.
Tips for the Perfect Jerk Chicken
1. Always use homemade jerk marinade. Homemade jerk marinade is really easy to make. Get the recipe here.
2. Add chicken bouillon powder to the chicken. I find that chicken bouillon powder really ups the flavor of the chicken.
3. Also, there is no need for extra salt because the chicken bouillon powder and the jerk marinade are already salty.
4. Buy party wings to reduce the prep time! Party wings have already been split in the middle and the tips discarded.
More Grilled Chicken Recipes:
These Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings; all the flavors of Jerk Chicken on Chicken Wings. So perfect for outdoor grilling or can be made in the oven under broil. Spicy, smoky, so good!
- 3 pounds chicken wings (about 1.5 kg) split in the middle and wing tips cut and discarded
- Half cup homemade jerk marinade
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon powder
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
Cook on broil for 20 minutes then flip (brush the chicken drippings on it) and grill for 10 minutes
Place the chicken in a large Ziploc bag. Add in the jerk marinade, chicken bouillon powder, and fresh thyme. Seal the bag then lightly massage it to ensure that the marinade gets all over the chicken. Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes to overnight or cook immediately.
Heat up the oven to broil. Place aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Rub oil all over the sheet (I use corn oil).
Arrange the chicken in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Place in the oven and cook on broil for 20 minutes. Flip the chicken to the other side then use a pastry brush to brush the chicken with its drippings. Place back in the oven and grill for another 10 minutes.
1. I haven't made this recipe on the grill before so I can't give you precise cooking instructions. However, here are my suggestions: grill on the grill for about 30 minutes turning every 10 minutes.
2. This recipe works well with this recipe for jerk marinade. I add the bouillon powder based on the salt content in my marinade. If you choose to use another jerk marinade, be sure to adjust the bouillon powder depending on how salty your marinade is.
This post contains affiliate links.