Scrambled Eggs With Vegetables make an incredibly tasty meal that is versatile enough to be eaten for breakfast, lunch or dinner. This nutrient-packed vegetable scrambled eggs is ready in no time making it perfect for weekdays and weeknights.
Scrambled eggs when made with vegetables are such an egg-cellent meal! We are talking creamy tasty eggs with meatiness from mushrooms. They are not your average scrambled eggs. And they pack a ton of nutrients!
Serve them with some whole wheat toast, roasted potatoes or eat them as they are. This is a healthier meal to enjoy any time of the year AND time of the day. Definitely one to have on your weekly meal rotation!
Ingredients For Scrambled Eggs With Vegetables
Here are the ingredients you need for vegetable scrambled eggs. Check out the full recipe below for a detailed list of ingredients and their quantities.
1. Eggs. Use fresh good quality eggs.
2. Heavy Cream. Cream adds volume and creaminess to scrambled eggs but you could replace it with milk or even water. I have had scrambled eggs with a little water added and they were so creamy. Just don't add a lot of water that it waters down the taste of the eggs.
3. Olive Oil. For greasing the pan. Butter would work too.
4. Salt. For flavor.
5. Pepper. For flavor. Black or white pepper would work.
6. Chicken Bouillon Powder. For more flavor and the chicken bouillon powder adds something to these scrambled eggs that sets them apart from the rest.
7. Onions. For flavor.
8. Vegetables. I use a combination of mushrooms (for meatiness and umami), bell peppers (for crunch) and spinach (because greens!).
But any vegetables you have on hand can be thrown into vegetable scrambled eggs. That's what makes this recipe so versatile. You can swap the vegetables I use for the vegetables you like.
Just make sure to add the tougher vegetables first to the pan and the the softer ones last before adding the eggs. You don't want to overcook the vegetables.
How To Make Vegetable Scrambled Eggs
Here are the easy steps you need to follow to make vegetable scrambled eggs. Check out the full recipe below for detailed step-by-step instructions:
1. Whisk together eggs, cream and seasoning until well combined.
2. In a large skillet and on medium heat, sauté onions in olive oil. Add mushrooms and sauté. Add the remaining vegetables and sauté.
3. Add the beaten eggs to the pan and let them set. Then stir gently from time to time until the eggs completely set.
If you want creamier eggs, take them off the heat when they are still creamy and slightly runny.
What To Serve With Scrambled Eggs
- Roasted Potatoes or Breakfast Potatoes
- Baked Plantains
- Warmed Tortillas
- Honey Whole Wheat Rolls
Other Ingredients You Can Add to Scrambled Eggs
Want to make your scrambled eggs with vegetables even more eggs-citing? Consider adding the following ingredients to them:
- Cheese. For cheesy scrambled eggs add cheese to whisked eggs before adding them to the pan.
- Sausage. For meatier scrambled eggs with even more protein, sauté some sausages with onions before adding the eggs.
- Seasoning Blends. For scrambled eggs with exciting flavors add a seasoning blend of choice like Cajun seasoning or Italian seasoning when whisking the eggs.
- Herbs. Herbs like parsley, basil or celery are a tasty addition to scrambled eggs. Simply chop then and add either when whisking the eggs or after adding the eggs to the pan.
Important Tools For Making Scrambled Eggs (affiliate)
More Delicious Egg Recipes
Scrambled Eggs With Vegetables
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60 ml) substitute with evaporated milk, whole milk or water
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper or white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper (about half a large bell pepper) I used an orange bell pepper but any color bell pepper would work
- 2 cups baby spinach, tightly packed
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, ¼ teaspoon of salt, the chicken bouillon powder and black pepper.
- Place a large skillet (preferably non-stick) on medium heat and add the olive oil. Heat up the oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent while stirring with a wooden spoon. It takes about 1-2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and stir. Let the mushrooms cook for 2 minutes while stirring from time to time. Add the bell pepper and stir in. Let it cook for 1 minute. Add the spinach and stir in. Let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beaten eggs into the skillet. Let it set for 1 minute then stir gently using a wooden spoon or heat-resistant spatula. Let it cook slowly while stirring from time to time until all of the egg is set.
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired and serve immediately as is or with your favorite side dish. I love it with honey whole wheat toast.
- Herbs like parsley or chives
- Crushed pepper flakes for some heat
- Any vegetables you have on hand. These scrambled eggs are versatile and they are a great way to use up leftover vegetables,
This post contains affiliate links.