Banana Bundt Cake is a great cake to make when you have lots of overripe bananas to use up! This cake is perfect for breakfast, with tea or coffee or as a snack. Enjoy with or without cream cheese frosting (recipe below).
I love this recipe because it is a way for me to use up several overripe bananas at once. I use 6 bananas in this recipe!
You’ll love this Banana Bundt Cake! The cake is soft, so flavorful with amazing banana flavor. It is large enough to feed a crowd or a big family, and this cake is quite the breakfast treat!
What is Banana Bundt Cake?
Banana Bundt Cake is simply banana cake or banana bread baked in a bundt pan. A bundt pan is a pan with fluted or grooved sides and it mostly has a central tube which leaves a hole in the center of a cake.
How To Make Banana Bundt Cake
1. Mash overripe bananas into a paste. Add in milk and mix.
2. Cream together sugar and butter. Add in eggs, vanilla extract and the banana milk mixture and mix.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon to the banana mixture. Mix to form a batter.
4. Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
You can serve this Banana Bundt Cake as is or you can make some cream cheese frosting to go with it. It is delicious either way!
Easy Banana Bundt Cake recipe! Perfect for breakfast, with tea or coffee or for snacking. Enjoy with or without cream cheese frosting.
- 6 overripe bananas medium to large bananas
- 1 cup whole milk (250 ml)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Rub butter in a 10 inch bundt pan. Pour about a tablespoon of flour into the pan. Shake the pan around so it is completely coated in the flour. Pour out the excess flour from the pan.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degress C).
Peel the bananas and place into a mixing bowl. Mash into paste using a fork or potato masher. Add the milk to the mashed bananas and mix to combine.
Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat together until fluffy (you can so this using an electric beater or a fork).
Add the eggs, the banana-milk mixture and vanilla extract into the butter and sugar and mix until just combined.
Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder. Mix until just combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt pan and bake for about 50 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Serve the cake as it or let it cool completely then spread the cream cheese frosting on top before serving.
Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until creamy. Spread over the banana bundt cake. The cake will take about half then save the rest.
Number of calories doesn’t take into consideration the cream cheese frosting (if you choose to make it).