Banana Bread In Bundt Pan
Published Jul 15, 2020
Updated May 23, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Banana Bread in Bundt Pan is the perfect sweet bread to make when you have lots of overripe bananas to use up! This cake is perfect for breakfast, with tea or coffee, or as a snack. Enjoy as is or with some cream cheese frosting.
If you love Banana Bread in loaf form, you’ll equally love this Banana Bread in Bundt Pan. This recipe makes a larger banana bread for enjoying with friends and family!
The cake is soft, and flavorful with amazing banana flavor. It is large enough to feed a crowd or family. This cake is quite the breakfast treat!
Table of Contents
Why This Recipe Works
- More Bananas: You’ll love this recipe because it’s a great way to use up several overripe bananas at once.
- Bigger than regular Banana Bread: This recipe makes a bigger banana bread, made in a 10-inch bundt pan.
- Great flavor: I mean, you can’t beat the flavor of bananas combined with cinnamon in the cake.
- Breakfast or dessert: This recipe is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
- Make ahead: This is a great make-ahead recipe. Make it a day ahead and keep it for a special breakfast the next day.
- Beautiful Cake: Bundt pans make beautiful cakes! They are ideal for baking cakes that are not frosted.
Can You Make Banana Bread In a Bundt Pan?
Yes, you can definitely make Banana Bread in a bundt pan. If you use a 10-inch bundt pan it will take more time to bake and twice the batter compared to banana bread made in a loaf pan.
A bundt pan is a pan with fluted or grooved sides and it mostly has a central tube that leaves a hole in the center of a cake.
Here are some notes on key ingredients:
Bananas: Start with overripe bananas if you can find them but if your bananas are just ripe and not overripe you could still use them.
Sugar: This recipe doesn’t call for lots of sugar because the bananas already add sweetness to the cake.
Milk: Use whole milk, 2 percent milk, or buttermilk.
Spices: This recipe calls for cinnamon for flavor but you could also add other spices like ground nutmeg or ground cloves.
Check out the full recipe and list of ingredients at the bottom of this post.
- Banana Nut Bread: Add chopped nuts like walnuts or peanuts for banana nut bread.
- Banana Yogurt Bread: Substitute the milk for yogurt for Banana Yogurt Bread.
- Chocolate Chips: Add chocolate chips for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread.
- Blueberries: Add blueberries for Blueberry Banana Bread.
How To Make Banana Bread in Bundt Pan
1. Mash overripe bananas into a paste. Add in milk and mix.
2. Cream together sugar and butter. Add in eggs, vanilla extract, and the banana milk mixture and mix.
3. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon to the banana mixture. Mix to form a batter.
4. Pour the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
You can serve this Banana Bundt Cake as is or you can make some cream cheese frosting to go with it. It is delicious either way!
Yes, you can use a bundt pan instead of a bread pan. If a recipe calls for a 9 by 5-inch bread pan, you’ll need to double the recipe to fit a standard 10-inch bundt pan. However, you could use a smaller 6-cup bundt pan.
Grease a bundt pan with butter then coat the pan with flour. This ensures that the cake releases from the pan easily.
Yes, you can use cooking spray to grease a bundt pan. However, using butter is better as it will equally add flavor to the cake.
If you make this Banana Bread in Bundt Pan recipe please leave me a star rating below. Love hearing from you!
Banana Bread in Bundt Pam
- 6 overripe bananas medium to large bananas
- 1 cup whole milk (250 ml)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Rub a 10-inch bundt pan with butter. Pour about a tablespoon of flour into the pan. Shake the pan around so it is completely coated in the flour. Pour out the excess flour from the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degress C).
- Peel the bananas and place into a mixing bowl. Mash into paste using a fork or potato masher. Add the milk to the mashed bananas and mix to combine.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat together using a hand mixer until fluffy (you can do this using an electric beater or a fork).
- Add the eggs, the banana-milk mixture and vanilla extract into the butter and sugar and mix until just combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared bundt pan and bake for about 1 hour until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the baking pan for 10 minutes then turn onto a wire rack and let it cool completely.
- Serve the cake as it or let it cool completely then spread the cream cheese frosting on top before serving.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until creamy. Spread over the cooled banana bread. The cake will take about half the frosting so save the rest in the fridge to use on other desserts.