Here is how to make insanely tasty and juicy Baked Turkey Drumsticks. It is super flavorful with the variety of herbs and spices used. The perfect tasty dinner to go with a variety of side dishes!
This Baked Turkey Drumsticks recipe is perfect for those of you who don't want to make a full turkey for Thanksgiving this year!
Serve these turkey drumsticks with your favorite side dishes for dinner, entertaining, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Easter!
They were so good, my husband ate one whole drumstick by itself!
Ingredients For Super Tasty Turkey
You only need a few simple ingredients for this Baked Turkey Drumsticks recipe. The combination of herbs and spices here yields great flavor! Here are the ingredients you need:
- Turkey Drumsticks. I got these from my local grocery store. If you can't find turkey drumsticks you could use other parts of turkey like turkey thighs, or turkey legs.
- Melted Butter. For flavor. Coating the turkey in butter before adding the other ingredients makes the turkey super tasty. The butter gets toasty as the drumsticks bake. Definitely more flavorful than using oil. But you could use oil as well.
- Salt and Pepper. For flavor.
- Garlic Powder. For flavor.
- Onion Powder. For flavor.
- Dried Thyme. For flavor.
- Dried Parsley. For flavor.
- Paprika. For a vibrant color.
See the recipe card for the quantity of each ingredient.
How To Bake Turkey Drumsticks
Here is how to make Baked Turkey Drumsticks in 2 easy steps!
- Place the turkey drumsticks in a baking dish together with all other ingredients. Rub the butter, spices and herbs thoroughly all over the turkey.
2. Place into the oven and bake until completely cooked through.
Hint: when the turkey drumsticks have been in the oven for 30 minutes, remove them and flip to the other side then baste them with the sauce at the bottom of the pan.
How Long To Bake Turkey Drumsticks
Bake turkey drumsticks at 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius for one hour. This temperature and length of time yields turkey that is perfectly done and juicy on the inside with a nice crust on the outside.
To check if the turkey is done, insert an instant read thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. It if reads 170 degrees Fahrenheit, the meat is done.
To check if turkey is done without a thermometer, pierce it with a fork. If the juices run clear and the meat is no longer pink or red in the middle, then it is done.
- Spicy - add cayenne pepper to the seasoning to make spicy turkey drumsticks.
- Different parts of turkey - use the same blend of seasonings to roast other parts of turkey like turkey legs, thighs, breasts, or wings.
- Turkey and potatoes - bake the turkey together with some potatoes and vegetables to make a one pan meal.
Hope you enjoy this turkey drumsticks recipe! Also check out these other turkey recipes:
Store leftover turkey in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can freeze cooked turkey for 2-4 months.
Get an instant read meat thermometer for checking the doneness of meat. It helps you ensure that poultry is thoroughly cooked and other meats like steak are cooked to desired doneness!
Serve these Baked Turkey Drumsticks with:
Baked Turkey Drumsticks
- 2 turkey drumsticks about 2.5 pounds total
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Pat the turkey drumsticks dry with paper towels.
- Place the turkey drumsticks into a baking dish. Drizzle on the melted butter. Add the other ingredients and evenly rub all of the seasoning on the turkey.
- Place the baking dish into the oven and bake for one hour until a digital thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a turkey drumstick reads 170°F. After the first 30 minutes, remove the turkey from the oven and use a basting brush to baste the turkey with the sauce at the bottom of the pan.