Behold my favorite Roasted Baby Potatoes with a touch of garlic, rosemary, and thyme. So flavorful and the perfect side to chicken, turkey, lamb, and much more! I may or may not have popped a lot of them into my mouth as is. So good!
I recently visited Nashville with my family and I had one of the best meals I have ever had. It was grilled red snapper with a citrus salad served on a bed of fingerling potatoes.
The potatoes were the perfect side to the dish and I thoroughly enjoyed them. So when I had some baby red potatoes at home, I was inspired to season them and roast them in the oven. They turned out delicious!
Serve these potatoes with herb roasted chicken, pan seared boneless pork chops, or pan seared lamb chops for a satisfying dinner!
Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes
As Easter is fast approaching, my goal is to share with you recipes that are perfect for Easter, entertaining, or the holidays at the end of the year. Let's begin with this Oven Roasted Baby Potatoes or Baked Baby Potatoes recipe.
This recipe makes an excellent easy side dish. Just toss the potatoes with ingredients and put them in the oven, then let the baby potatoes roast while you focus on other meals or things you want to do.
You'll love this recipe because it is easy, flavorful, and wholesome. Since baby potatoes are eaten with their skin on they contain lots of fiber which is good for you!
This recipe is similar to my easy roasted potatoes and it pairs so well with my herb-roasted chicken, turkey, turkey breasts, or whole roasted snapper.
You only need a few ingredients for roasted baby potatoes:
- Baby Potatoes: I used red potatoes.
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Spices and Herbs: I used a combination of garlic powder, rosemary and thyme.
How To Roast Baby Potatoes
Here is how to roast baby potatoes in 3 easy steps:
- In a large bowl toss baby potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper, garlic powder, chopped fresh thyme, and rosemary leaves.
- Place the seasoned potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
If there are big potatoes among your baby potatoes, cut them in half so all the potatoes are about the same size. When potatoes are about the same size they get done at about the same time.
What To Serve It With
Serve these Roasted Baby Potatoes with:
- Lemon Butter Salmon
- Marry Me Chicken
- Chicken Drumsticks in Creamy Sauce
- Perfect Roast Chicken
- Crispy Baked Chicken Thighs
- Pan Seared Boneless Pork Chops
- Pan Seared Ribeye Steak
Roasted Baby Potatoes
- 1½ pounds red baby potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse potatoes thoroughly. Pat dry with parchment paper. If there are larger potatoes among the baby potatoes, cut them in half.
- In a large bowl toss the potatoes with all the ingredients except the parsley for garnish. Arrange the potatoes on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until fork tender.
- Serve warm with favorite dish or for the holidays.
Leave a Reply