Your Thanksgiving/celebration table won't be complete without this epic Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting. It is perfectly spiced, moist and you can't go wrong with cream cheese frosting. You just can't!
After pumpkin chocolate chips pancake, this Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is right up in my alley! Oh man! Who knew pumpkin could taste so good in a dessert??
I added two teaspoons of cinnamon powder in my batter because pumpkin plus cinnamon equals LIFE. I also added the zest of one orange and the taste is out of this world. Because pumpkin and orange are a match made in heaven. If you haven't tried pumpkin and orange in a dessert before, please do and let me know how it goes.
The recipe for this Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting requires regular cake ingredients with the addition of pumpkin puree. Your pumpkin puree can be homemade or store bought if you live in the United States.
Then you mix together wet ingredients and add in the dry ingredients. Baam! You have the perfect batter for Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting!
Now bake that baby and let it cool completely then you slather some cream cheese frosting on top! Cream cheese frosting is LIFE! You should make a big tub of it and keep in the fridge at all times. And when you do, don't just use it on cakes, slather it on everything! Or eat it straight off the tub! (I'm not confessing to anything. Ha.)
Now cut that into bars/squares/rectangles. I used a 9 by 9 inch pan so I cut it up into 16 (almost) squares. Because life is too short to worry about cutting cake into perfect squares.
Then dig in! Because that's what we do to reward ourselves when we are done cooking!
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do, friends. It is truly epic!
P.S If you love this recipe, you might also love this Pumpkin Cake Roll.
Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one orange
For the frosting
- 4 tablespoons butter - room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese - room temperature
- 1 cup icing (powdered) sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter a baking pan and line with parchment paper (I used a 9 by 9 inch baking pan).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder then set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, sugar, pumpkin puree, orange zest, and vanilla until well incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, beating them together until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan and bake for about 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool completely then you can do the frosting.
- To make the frosting, using a mixer or by hand, combine all the ingredients. Slather over cooled cake and enjoy!
Pin this recipe:
If you make this recipe, please share a photo on Instagram and tag me: @preciouscore, or share a photo on my Facebook page. I'll love to see!
Leave a Reply